New member - Don Bradman 1997 Futera album collection

Jane

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Janet
eBay User
mmzeldazonk62
Hi everyone, I just signed up to this great website today! I discovered your website this week when I was doing some research on a Don Bradman album of cards that I recently acquired and was looking at selling. I'm actually a collector of Marilyn Monroe and other old Hollywood memorabilia so I'm a bit of a newbie to sports cards, but I've found it really interesting to learn about the different cards and how to grade them, etc. I've spent heaps of time searching on the internet for information on the item to try to find out more about it, but I get the impression that it might be a bit rare because I'm struggling to find info on it...or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. It IS a limited edition of 500, so I guess that makes it a little bit rare. I was wondering if I could ask for any help that members might be able to give me, such as its background, whether it is rare/desirable to collectors and what sort of value I might be looking at. I hope this is okay.

The details that I've put together on it are: Heritage 1997 Sir Donald Bradman Album Collection of 4 x 1996 Futera Platinum Sports Cards. The cards and the album are Limited Editions of 500. The cards are numbered 0085/500, 0059/500, 0071/500, 0360/500 and the album is numbered 267/500. Based on my research, I think this is the "Album Collection" but I'm not sure. The album is in excellent condition. I'm obviously not an expert on sports memorabilia and so I'm not able to grade the cards, but I think they're in Near Mint condition since they look almost like new but not all of the corners are perfectly sharp. I can't see any other issues with them. I've attached some images. It's a really nice collectable and it would be great to find out more about it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this!

Cover of album.jpg

Inside album.jpg

Front of cards.jpg

Back of cards.jpg

Welcome aboard!

From memory I thought you got one signed Bradman and all the cards were the same number (same as the album #).

There are some very knowledgable members here who will no doubt be able to answer!

Cheers
Matt

Welcome aboard!

From memory I thought you got one signed Bradman and all the cards were the same number (same as the album #).

There are some very knowledgable members here who will no doubt be able to answer!

Cheers
Matt
Thanks for the information Matt!

Back
Top Bottom