NEW LICENCEE NEW CARD MANUFACTURER

i dont really care who does the telegraph cards next year but i sure hope there not them bloody stupid 3d things again
has anybody seen a sample of the 2nd series for 2012/?
a friend of mine contacted select last week about redemption cards and they told him to get them in asap,so that's not a good sign

stallowned.gif

so does that mean select will supply a pissy set of cardboard glasses, and if there anything like the telegraph ones that wont be good, i already wear glasses and i have to put them 3d ones over my own just to see them properly

At the moment there is uncertainty on the type of NRL cards we will be collecting, and since we are hardcore collectors any news must be analysed.
As Owen said, we collect cards because we are addicts and our dealers arn't telling us much about the next shipment.:cautious:

Yeah look if Panini took over - AFL or NRL - it might actually satisfy those demands for a higher calibre of product.

I'm all for supporting local industry, but if they continue failing to satisfy their market they deserve to face stiff competition or wither and die.

Besides, it's not like our local card companies support our local printing industry (of which I work in).

2 things here:

1. It's time to bring back bubblegum.

2. Seriously, the NRL want to make money out of cards and tazos, when they should be encouraging companies to do things like this because of the KIDS. Yes - the kids. Sure, there are serious collectors and they should be catered for. But if you get the kids in with tazos and footy cards...then they are talking about players, talking about games, watching games, pester powering their parents, and building a life long association with a sport/team.

The NRL is lazy. They just charge a licence fee and let whoever do whatever.

I would have to agree with Madhatter here :) Bring it back to the kids :) I started collecting as a kid and enjoyed it back then and also the added value of getting a slice of gum :) Also it was our 5 year old son who got hubby and I back into this year :) He noticed them and wanted a pack and bingo we are hooked :) They also happen to be our future :) Without the kids the cards or even league itself have no future :( Bring the kids back into it :) Our 5 year old has his own little of all different cards but the NRL being his favourite .... Our 14 year old son has just started collecting WWE cards too :) They are also learning the value of cards from us :D

Cheers Shell :)

Back
Top Bottom