NEW LICENCEE NEW CARD MANUFACTURER

Funny people are jumping on a esp product they know nothing about.

Especially when according to Select they 'handed back' the licence to the NRL.

Shows how much they care about us collectors - Copleys only worried about the bottom line.

ESP produced the 2001 AFL Heroes release, could it be due to this competition that Select released the 2001 AFL Authentic Series, which featured for the first time Captain Signature cards? If so looks like something decent could be released for NRL series II.

Back to the ESP 2001 AFL Heroes, the designs were great, quality of the cards were ok (slightly thinner cards, chipped edges) and the autograph cards had its flaws (pen used, scratches marks on the actual autograph). Overall a good release for their first attempt, the ideas were definitely there. Lets not forget the 'Pie Night' redemption card :lol:: entitled you to the entire main series and an invite to the AFL Heroes Pie night.

Wow this is big news.

Its going to be sad to see Select go, considering they have done some good things recently.

Hopefully this new mob can step things up a few notches.

Ill be happy if both the kids and serious collectors are looked after. The routine of one kids set and one collectors set per year is perfect IMO.

Regardless of hwat happens I just hope that NRL cards don't go the way of cricket cards where no one wants to produce them.

We could always club together and produce the NRL cards.

I've always wanted to ask South Sydney to produce a set each year.

Why on earth would game used be more expensive in their first few years than any other year?

I love how everyone's bagging ESP already for a cricket series from 2003, anyway. At least see what they release first!

Firstly Esp haven't released any cards In Australia since 2003 (except the Telegraph cards that I'm aware of!!!) So they are going to be a bit inexperience & Rusty on what is involved & before everyone shouts that they done the Telegragh cards they were paid in full for them before The consumer got them they were also simple basic cards NO HIGH end inserts. Then there's the amount to produce in their 1st release to many profits drop to little costs very high costs & unhappy collectors.Game Used is very hard to produce & cost a lot more to produce than the std insert, I don't see ESP throwing a lot of money at the 1st couple of releases until they have a feel for the market a budget to work with. ESP also have a history of dumping stock when sales get tough- Select have never dumped stock or devalued the market with their products, they sit on the excess stock. I personally have said from the start I'll wait & see what ESP's product & quality will be before I buy. As for the bagging ESP have produced inferior products & have devalued the collectors cards by dumping stock, Lets see if they have learnt from their mistakes or are after a quick buck with no concern for the collector ONLY TIME will tell.

Not sure i agree that GU cards are expensive and hard to produce - that's what Select would like us to believe but every other card manufacturer seems to have a pretty easy time producing oodles of them. However i do concur with the rest of your comments George.

So do we have clarity on what will happen with Redemption cards?

Do anyone have any more info on the whole situation?

As long as Select are in Buisness They will honour All redemotions. I have personally redeemed cricket cards from the 1997 cricket release only last year. I have asked them several times now & the answer is always the same - They will redeem all redemption except 1 type of redemption from AFL cards which is several years old now as they have none left. But all other redemptions from AFL- NRL - Cricket & Soccer are fine.

To answer your comment Owen.
Not sure i agree that GU cards are expensive and hard to produce.
This may be true for a company that has been producing cards for a long time but a newcomer with no real experiance will be a challange & a costly excersize.

Back
Top Bottom