New Keeper league on Yahoo

banzini

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
COMC User
banzini
Hi all, I am new here but have collected cards the last 19 years.
Thought this would be a nice place to have my first thread and try and recruit some hard core fantasy managers in OZ. Here is my league details, let me know if you are keen

I've set up a keeper league for this coming season (10 spots left), if anyone is keen?! Here are the rules:

Welcome to your new keeper league –
This league will aim to stay alive for years to come and act as a really intense fantasy rivalry between managers.

To the rules:
Initially there will be a live draft for the 12 managers – draft order randomly determined by yahoo. The standard positions will be taken from yahoo (however an extra F, extra G and 4 total on the bench).
We will assign 4 keeper players at the end of this season for use next year (although this may be high, the emphasis is on rewarding managers who have selected some good young talent). The number of keeper players can be reviewed in subsequent years and a league vote can be undertaken if we want to decrease
the number of keepers).

As mentioned, there are 12 teams in this league. H2H rules apply and the standard yahoo cats for h2h will be in use. There will be 6 teams that make the playoffs and 6 that don’t. (The playoffs in this league END one week before the real season to ensure the stars are playing!) … the following year the draft order will be determined by finishing position. There will be a FANTASY LOTTERY which is carried out at the end of this season to determine next years draft order using the bottom 6 teams from this season. Example:

Finish 12th: 37.5%, Finish 11th 25%, Finish 10th 17.5%, Finish 9th 10%, Finish 8th 7%, Finish 7th 3%
This will be done using a random generator online (to be determined) and will be streamed via tinychat.com (in a room) so everyone can see it, or you just trust me and ill organise it offline.

Any deliberate tanking in order to improve FANTASY LOTTERY position will result in a warning and then an immediate suspension. It’s fairly easy to spot tanking – so don’t do it.

If there is an expansion (ie, gold coast suns), or a player who leaves – we may need to add this to the draft order. This new team or additional draft pick will be inserted AFTER pick 3 next season (hence ensuring players from the previous season get their high draft selections still).

If there is anything else you want me to elaborate on, please state on the message board. Thanks

If you are keen let me know here or PM me. Draft is in one week. Wed 1030PM

There are a couple of spots free in this league, season 1 was a success.
Some managers have not returned hence there will be a mini draft of those managers who didnt return.

if you are keen, drop me a line!

Back
Top Bottom