New - casual long term collector

ihateupants

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shaun
Hey all,

Reasonably new member here. Been collecting since childhood on and off (and on and off again).

I rip a bit of modern basketball (getting harder to justify though) and always seem to come back to the 90's era grabbing the odd box here or there looking for inserts I always wanted as a kid. I also collected AFL during the 90's.

Currently Im getting back into AFL. Its my passion sport (37 year Richmond club member) and with the market for american sports just moving past me, AFL is something that I am just finding a lot more enjoyment from. Although I am noticing the same trends re retail shortages and secondary market premiums.

Being a Victorian now in Sydney finding AFL locally isnt easy (anyone know anywhere?) so online is mostly how I shop.

I dabbled in early pokemon with my younger brother late 90's early 2000's, and have just started doing that a little bit now with my own kids, but its more for them.

I welcome good conversation and appreciate the input of the community (already helped me work through the 2021 Select Prestige shortages).

Generally I buy for my own enjoyment / collection but will look to sell on occasion to try keep the hobby going.

Look forward to conversing / annoying you all from time to time.

Cheers all!

Last edited:
Welcome, yes things get out of hand price wise. You have to collect for enjoyment, there seem to be a lot (not on here) that do it as a money making venture. I only spend money I get from sales of other cards so that keeps things in check, though
it is hard seeing a sweet deal go by because I don't have the $$$ at the time. But cards always show up again.
Good luck and enjoy, Cam

Back
Top Bottom