Need help moving a Coby and have some questions

Hosko87

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
Brookem87
So I was lucky enough to have the guys at Late Night Breaks pull me a Mosaic Black Gold Coby White /8 last night and I’m now trying to work out what the next best step is in this current market. I don’t PC Coby and feel selling is my best option to adding to my own PC.
There are no comps for this card yet and the closest thing I can find is someone in the US trying to sell a raw Deandre Hunter Black Gold for $2500US on eBay.
I’m relatively new to the hobby and have never had a card like this in my possession so I naturally have a few questions...

1. Should I grade the card before selling? If so PSA or BGS?
2. Do I just list on eBay and hope for the best? I’ve noticed Cherry buy cards but I’m guessing they will undervalue me. Or is there some other way to safely sell?
3. With no comps available what do you think Its realistic value is? If it does get graded and comes back a 10 does the price really sky rocket or will it just make it easier to sell?

Sorry for all the questions and really appreciate any help.

1. if you get it graded, it will usually increase the price if it comes back 8+...sometimes less. i prefer BGS, but its harder to get a 10. and even tho their 9.5 is basically a PSA 10, people seem to prefer the 10. probably PSA will get you more interest.
2. you could list and hope or list for a buy it now price and have a best offer available. preferably sell on here or someplace off e-bay because the fee's on high end cards will really cut into your profits (-30%+)
3. not sure on value. its really up to you since there are no real comparisons. altho maybe look for a comparible coby card aswell to get a closer estimate. a 10 will almost definitely get you a much higher price.

Also be aware grading times are super slow at the moment especially psa pretty sure I saw the other day they are around 100 days from time received and it could be more. So value could go up or down a bit in between those times as well.

Personally I would chuck it up on eBay and see what kind of offers you get or just wait until one gets listed and wait for a comp.

sick card. Last few Coby prizm /10 sold around the US$1.5K range. Could be interested depending on price.

Thanks everyone for the feedback...I think my best plan is to list on eBay and see what offers come in for it at this stage.
If it takes a while or I’m not happy with the offers I may look at putting it through the grading process then.
Once it is on eBay, I will also create another “For sale” post on this site for anyone that wants to make an offer away from feebay. Realistically with the lack of available sales data at the moment, my starting price is going to be quite high, however, negotiable if you can provide reason behind the offered value.
Thanks again for everyone’s input. Much appreciated.

36F43AF3-1569-48F7-8F5C-5B3F39BD79B5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom