EEL 4 Life
Real Name
Jaede
Hey Guys,

I need help in identifying these south sydney players in the photo Please

cheers jaede
936240_10151553960619137_1485823062_n.jpg

Top from left:

Top : Johnny 'Whacka' Graves / David Boyle // John Sattler // Clive Churchill // Gary Stevens // Eric Simms // Bernie Purcell // Mark Carroll

Craig Coleman // Les Davidson // Harold Horder // Ron Coote // Bob Grant

Darrell Trindall // Ian Roberts // Ziggy Niszczot // ?? // Jack Rayner // Mario Fenech // John O'Neill

Phil Blake // Bob McCarthy // George Piggins

Front : Les 'Chicka' Cowie / (fairly sure) Arthur Hennessy

Would have been perfect with Alf 'Smacker' Blair, George Treweek, Ian Moir too.

Last edited:
yeah would have been perfect
could the player next to jack rayner be michael cleary

Possibly Mike Cleary.

I've for the book PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE where this is on the cover, and within, the photos which inspired the portraits. But I can't find one that matches that face. All others I am 99% confident the names are right.

NOTE: Just checked the 1968 Premiers team photo, and I'm fairly sure you are right with Mike Cleary.

Last edited:
Possibly Mike Cleary.

I've for the book PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE where this is on the cover, and within, the photos which inspired the portraits. But I can't find one that matches that face. All others I am 99% confident the names are right.
Thanks my mum can't find the coa that had the list of players on it, there are signatures around it but not all of them signed and half aren't clear

Thanks again for all your help

Painted in 1999, I am fairly sure some of them would have passed away by then.

Def Clive Chuchill, Johnny Graves, Harold Horder, Arthur Hennessy.

John O'Neill was very ill in 1999, and passed away late that year too. :-(

yeah players that signed are Damien trindall, david boyle, Gary stevens Bernie purcell, Bob grant, ??, Mark Carroll, Les Davidson, Ziggy Niszczot, Phil Blake, John Sattler, Mario Fenech, ??, Bob McCarthy, George Piggins, Ron coote, Jack Rayner, Eric simms

Here are the signatures I couldn't identify
I know the top one is in the second photo is Bob grant don't know the other one though

IMG_0406[1].JPG

IMG_0405[1].JPG

Pretty sure the 1st sig is Craig Coleman; matches my sigs of his

Nice item btw

Thank you, and yeah it is a nice piece but it's not mine it's my mums
thanks again

Back
Top Bottom