NBA.TV Subscription 2011-12

clipper

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
coultard1
Hi all,

Just jumped on nba.com to look at this season's nba league pass, and they have changed it from last season.

Instead of Standard & Premium, it is now League Pass (former Premium), and Team Pass (choose your team).

Interesting thing is the pricing! for the season it is currently $219 US but there is a code to get 10% off that. Now that is for Australia!

I've access the same site from my work's internet which has a proxy server through Hong Kong. Pricing is different!!!

on the hong kong its $159.99 US!

The NBA where amazing rip off happens!

My neighbour is the Commentator for all of the Wildcats home games and does sports for One HD in Perth and he told me that One isn't showing NBA this season????

Is it different over east?

Hi all,

Just jumped on nba.com to look at this season's nba league pass, and they have changed it from last season.

Instead of Standard & Premium, it is now League Pass (former Premium), and Team Pass (choose your team).

Interesting thing is the pricing! for the season it is currently $219 US but there is a code to get 10% off that. Now that is for Australia!

I've access the same site from my work's internet which has a proxy server through Hong Kong. Pricing is different!!!

on the hong kong its $159.99 US!

The NBA where amazing rip off happens!

I dare say it has to do with the costs associated with sending the data here.

---------- Post added 16-12-2011 at 04:26 PM ----------

league pass is a must... for those nba freaks! its sorta like having a lung.. u just need it!

do trolls enjoy watching the NBA?

does anybody know if server connection is based on location? or can I register through my hk proxy to get the better price and then it will work fine on normal internet connection?

My neighbour is the Commentator for all of the Wildcats home games and does sports for One HD in Perth and he told me that One isn't showing NBA this season????

Is it different over east?

nah, ONE HD isnt showing any from my knowledge.
its just espn on thurs and sat. ****house

dont be tight and get league pass.
one thing is though, you gotta have pretty decent internet speed otherwise it will be crappy laggy crap all the time.

LEAGUE PASS + GOOD D/L SPEED = AWESOMENESS !

I think it is more like they adjust the price to suit the economy! Like when you go to Maccas overseas. The same thing is cheaper!

No.... because I know the cable from NZ to Hawaii is owned by one company (this is cable we use I believe). That company then leases its use out to ISP etc. In Australia we have pretty low bandwidth allocations coming in compared to the rest of the world hence less for everyone to use. This would explain the higher charges.

If anyone knows the real story :D please correct me

nah, ONE HD isnt showing any from my knowledge.
its just espn on thurs and sat. ****house

dont be tight and get league pass.
one thing is though, you gotta have pretty decent internet speed otherwise it will be crappy laggy crap all the time.

LEAGUE PASS + GOOD D/L SPEED = AWESOMENESS !

Good thing you can test it out during the free trial :D

If anyone knows someone in another country maybe ask them to go to the page and check the pricing, I've asked someone in Japan to check and will report back

yeah... i just bought it outright. lol
i think most of the features will be disabled in the free trial.

whats everyones d/l speed like?

I only get about 5Mbps so very average. Think its good enough for the HD stream still though.

Funny story. Was using NBA LP at work last season with 720p HD streaming. And over 3 days ended up going over our download limit. Had to act dumb when the questions were asked :D

Back
Top Bottom