NBA Topshot

Full segment on ESPN The Jump just now with Josh Hart gifting Perk a holo pack and opening some rare.

i probably should get in on this with all the hyping they’re doing but why does it make me want to be out even further??? Bizarre! I’m hating this

Do it. Just try grabbing some packs and see how it goes.

I opened my pack because it seems like they're going to make sure people have some moments in their kitty before they're allowed to by packs, like they did with the last rising stars drop.

I just don't see how opened moments of duds like PG and De'Aaron fox are going to rise in coin :(

Will probably get "ok boomer"d, but I'm giving these a hard pass.

"Ok granddad - digital collectibles are the future!"

Sure, but I can just watch the real footage without paying for it as "packs".

"Blockchain and cryptographic tokens are the future!"

Yeah, agreed. That's why I invest in crypto CURRENCY, but still not touching this stuff that is just flipped around between a niche audience within an already-niche audience (sports memorabilia buyers).

People that defend this stuff REALLLLLY defend it. Like far too emotionally to be normal.

Totally agree.
I said to someone yesterday, other than to make money from this, why would I buy highlights in digital "packs" when I can watch them all on Youtube for free?
Their response, quite expectedly, was "the same can be said for cards." Well no, I pay money for packs and have a physical item in my hand, something that somebody designed and something that you can't just get for free without paying for.

I think this is purely good as a money maker and will more than likely just be full of gamblers and flippers.

Totally agree.
I said to someone yesterday, other than to make money from this, why would I buy highlights in digital "packs" when I can watch them all on Youtube for free?
Their response, quite expectedly, was "the same can be said for cards." Well no, I pay money for packs and have a physical item in my hand, something that somebody designed and something that you can't just get for free without paying for.

I think this is purely good as a money maker and will more than likely just be full of gamblers and flippers.

Yep. Pretty much both things i do now!

Gamble on boxes and try flipping

Been trying to get my head around this since a colleague at work had a client call him and say he'd turned $2k US into $131k.

Managed to get a pre-order pack a week back and got a Shooting Stars pack over the weekend. Got a common Austin Rivers, Jakob Poeltl & a Giannis which I sold for $9, $9 & $369. Surely the demand can't last.

Been trying to get my head around this since a colleague at work had a client call him and say he'd turned $2k US into $131k.

Managed to get a pre-order pack a week back and got a Shooting Stars pack over the weekend. Got a common Austin Rivers, Jakob Poeltl & a Giannis which I sold for $9, $9 & $369. Surely the demand can't last.
How do you sell?

How do you get paid?

You sell on marketplace just place your item for sale on marketplace and leave it there until it sells (You set your own price)

Getting paid is another issue.

Its a verification issue so it’s at least a 30 day wait and at the moment it’s only transfers to USA banks. So as I mentioned earlier you need to be careful if depositing. You could withdraw to a crypto pocket but probably pay 2 processing fees in that instance.

If your not in long term I wouldn’t be depositing any or much cash

How do you sell?

How do you get paid?
There is a marketplace which I would liken to ebay. You list it for whatever offer price you want. You can see all other versions of that moment that are for sale and their listing price. Some are obviously more desirable because of a low or special serial number (just like a #d card) whilst some are just hoping for a idiot to buy at a ridiculous price. I listed all mine equal to the lowest asking price and they sold in seconds/minutes. Interestingly they have just put in place that you can only list one moment every 2 hours now. Anyway, I got lucky with the Giannis because it has since fallen to $210. I should say they take 5% commission on the sale too.

As for payout, the option is either owning a US bank account or having a Ethereum account.

There is a marketplace which I would liken to ebay. You list it for whatever offer price you want. You can see all other versions of that moment that are for sale and their listing price. Some are obviously more desirable because of a low or special serial number (just like a #d card) whilst some are just hoping for a idiot to buy at a ridiculous price. I listed all mine equal to the lowest asking price and they sold in seconds/minutes. Interestingly they have just put in place that you can only list one moment every 2 hours now. Anyway, I got lucky with the Giannis because it has since fallen to $210.

As for payout, the option is either owning a US bank account or having a Ethereum account.

Ahhh bugger. Both of those options are going to be a struggle for me.

Any Ethereum accounts i should be using???

Back
Top Bottom