NBA PLayoffs discussions 2018

Thompson not Love

Thompson was involved in the scuffle

Love was on the court during the scuffle even though he was supposed to be on the bench
Dek-B2VWsAEr4eg.jpg

Last edited:
Thompson was involved in the scuffle

Love was on the court during the scuffle even though he was supposed to be on the bench
Dek-B2VWsAEr4eg.jpg

He'll be fine I think, he was already kind of onto the court cause there was a foul call (42 seconds on video) and he kind of wanders further onto court and seems to turn around just before the pushing? then about at 1:02 I think you catch a glimpse of him fully at the back of the guys on the bench. was trying to spot the guy with towel around neck, it's hard! see what you think

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwEK7aXwFnU

I do not understand why Thompson got ejected on a the foul, it was not flagrant 1 or 2 just a simple foul on a shot?

The charge against KD should've stuck also and some other fouls were really questionable.

Not JR's fault, bloody George Hill should be coping it for choking on the 2nd foul shot attempt?

I do not understand why Thompson got ejected on a the foul, it was not flagrant 1 or 2 just a simple foul on a shot?

The charge against KD should've stuck also and some other fouls were really questionable.

Not JR's fault, bloody George Hill should be coping it for choking on the 2nd foul shot attempt?

He was given a flagrant foul 2 for using his elbow - I can’t believe he’s debating this. Because Livingston shouldn’t be shooting. The shot clock was about to expire. You have to shoot.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/1...raymond-green-game-1-nba-finals-cavs-warriors

CB190964-5E2D-4C85-BAB0-62DF017CB225.jpeg

Agree on George Hill though, a lot more discussion would be happening around that miss if JR didn’t do what he did.

Jalen is confused in this video as to what TT was ejected for I think but at 35sec you can see the side angle where TT kind of half arsed jumps towards Livingston, kind of shoulder tilt a bit, arm not fully extended to peak ball release point and the ball is already gone anyway which may have made it seem worse than it was to the ref.

Watch til the end, interesting points by Jalen

View: https://youtu.be/Rr-X8YGuE-A

Last edited:
Glad to hear TT won't miss a game, but he could have for throwing the ball at Dray. Technically he could be gone for a game.

I never get why people think GS has to take a turnover in the final seconds there.

Glad to hear TT won't miss a game, but he could have for throwing the ball at Dray. Technically he could be gone for a game.

I never get why people think GS has to take a turnover in the final seconds there.

did they say anything on Love yet too? no suspension I hope. if they want to start with that they should target the coaches and players EVERY game then cause they're always on the court or past where they're supposed to be.

and what about Lue too? he was using the R word in the press conference.....surely a fine

Iggy out still and Klay hobbled. We might see CLE get this one. There's a serious lack of depth for the Dubs.

LeBron is gonna hit 40+ for sure though. He needs to keep the pressure on there.

I have to admit, I'm not super excited considering it's the finals. We may see some Cavs guys step up big and earn themselves a paycheck (Hood, Nance, Clarkson)

Cavs held on as long as they could.

Curry had a record setting game and didn't even need to go near the 3pt line to do it. Just fire it from anywhere on the floor.
Such a phenomenal shooter.. add that to Klay who is also dangerous as F and the snake durant who had an insanely efficient game. Just too much.

Hill, Love and TT had decent to great games to compliment LeBron, but wasn't enough.

See how they go with a home crowd behind them.

Last time seeing LeBron in a cavalier jersey :cry:

Sad to see that just under 2 years ago we accomplished the greatest comeback from 3-1 in NBA History against the record breaking Warriors with Kyrie, Love, and Lebron.

Fast forward to now....We've traded Kyrie, Lebron is pretty much guaranteed to leave and i'm sure they'll trade Kevin Love to restart this rebuild :(

Pathetic if he leaves IMO. Will be the third time "The King" has bailed on a team when the going gets tough...

Imagine if Timmy D or Dirk had ditched their teams when they appeared to be declining. Both would have missed out on career defining championships.

Totally agree with what you said about Timmy and Dirk, however Bron would need to move to the second option on the team and I don't see that happening. You think LBJ wants to play 18,19 years in the league?
I mean come on, the guy is in his 15th season and STILL dominates as a top 5 player in the league and able to take a sub .500 team (without him) to the NBA Finals.
I reckon he has 2 years tops, who knows how sharp his decline will be and how he will try to change his game to stay dominant.

Put him in a number of rosters in the east and they would still make it to the ECF next year. Heck, the Cavs with this same roster would meet the Celtics in the ECF again without changing.
Put him in a number of rosters in the west and they would surely make the WCF.

So many people will heap sh1t on him if he leaves, but at the same time still defend Durants decision to move to GSW. That will be the most pathetic thing of all.

Last time seeing LeBron in a cavalier jersey :cry:

I wouldn't be too sure. The Cavs have some bad contracts, but they still have Love and a draft pick, both of those things are still valuable to the right teams.
Make the right moves and LeBron would stay.

Otherwise, get Bron to agree to a sign and trade, packaged with TT and Clarkson and maybe JR. hahaha

Back
Top Bottom