NBA Off season

Lonzo had a nice day distributing the ball.. Looks pretty good with the passing but I was far more impressed with Ben Simmons' court vision and passing last summer league. The Sixers will be fun to watch next season. Did..did I just say that?
View: https://youtu.be/eQAwDojUXOs

Kyrie must have gone crazy. He's already tried to be the focal point of the offense without any other stars, and he couldn't get it done. What the eff is he thinking?

Do you mean 4 years ago when he was 21? I'd say he's gotten a lot better and would be fine without LeBron. Especially if he's still got talent like Love and TT around him.

Do you mean 4 years ago when he was 21? I'd say he's gotten a lot better and would be fine without LeBron. Especially if he's still got talent like Love and TT around him.
Let's look at argument that he would be fine without LeBron especially if he has talent like Love and TT around him. Kyrie on the same Cavaliers team without LeBron is almost certainly in a worse off position than with. This is not opinion, this is fact; all you need to do is look at the plus minus differential when LeBron sits. Kyrie on the same Cavaliers team without LeBron is not a near certainty to make the Finals. What is his payoff? He gets to be 'the man' on the team? You can't even stop getting blown out by the Warriors when LeBron sits down, you're trying to tell me that he's got a better shot on a team without LeBron?

A slightly more logical argument is that he goes to another contender but that still makes little sense. He's said San Antonio may be a team he wants to go to. He wants to be the man, but that sure as hell ain't happening in a Poppovich team with Kawhi. Timberwolves? He's now got to share the ball with KAT, Butler, Teague and Wiggins? New York? Aight he gets to be the man there but he has to start from scratch again and with that roster, Kyrie would be in an even worse situation than his current team.

Let's look at argument that he would be fine without LeBron especially if he has talent like Love and TT around him. Kyrie on the same Cavaliers team without LeBron is almost certainly in a worse off position than with. This is not opinion, this is fact; all you need to do is look at the plus minus differential when LeBron sits. Kyrie on the same Cavaliers team without LeBron is not a near certainty to make the Finals. What is his payoff? He gets to be 'the man' on the team? You can't even stop getting blown out by the Warriors when LeBron sits down, you're trying to tell me that he's got a better shot on a team without LeBron?

A slightly more logical argument is that he goes to another contender but that still makes little sense. He's said San Antonio may be a team he wants to go to. He wants to be the man, but that sure as hell ain't happening in a Poppovich team with Kawhi. Timberwolves? He's now got to share the ball with KAT, Butler, Teague and Wiggins? New York? Aight he gets to be the man there but he has to start from scratch again and with that roster, Kyrie would be in an even worse situation than his current team.

Obviously he would be in a worse position without LeBron, no one is arguing that. You were implying that he would miss the playoffs like he did in his first 3 years in the league (aged 19-21) which isn't the case.

Obviously he would be in a worse position without LeBron, no one is arguing that. You were implying that he would miss the playoffs like he did in his first 3 years in the league (aged 19-21) which isn't the case.
Nah, not saying that he would definitely miss the playoffs especially in the East. Just simply that it makes no sense and that he would be in a worse off position than he is now. Maybe he wants to step out of the big brother shadow that is cast by the top player in the league and carry a team on his own to the Finals even if it means going backwards to make the step forward.

Nah, not saying that he would definitely miss the playoffs especially in the East. Just simply that it makes no sense and that he would be in a worse off position than he is now. Maybe he wants to step out of the big brother shadow that is cast by the top player in the league and carry a team on his own to the Finals even if it means going backwards to make the step forward.

He can see the writing on the wall that Cleveland is about to be a dumpster fire after LeBron leaves, so I suppose it makes sense

He can see the writing on the wall that Cleveland is about to be a dumpster fire after LeBron leaves, so I suppose it makes sense
If that was the angle, Bron has got a year left, Kyrie has two. Why not play out this season and see if Bron stays around and signs another extension? If he doesn't, Kyrie isn't in a worse position because the Cavs would want to trade Kyrie to get some value knowing that he would leave in a year anyway.

I agree.

Plus, if LeBron left you have his $35 mil (I think off the top of my head to spend).

The back up to LeBron is horrible. So when he's out, of course he's a huge loss on those sporadic games he (and usually Love and/or Kyrie) misses.

I find it a little laughable Kyrie and take over finals games and even set a record for scoring vs the Spurs on their court but he couldn't do well leading a team at 25.

Not too many guys are successful at 21.

Hell people are banging on about KAT, who has talent like Wiggins around him and they can't do squat.

Kyrie is a stud. He'll be fine.

Why wouldn't you want to leave if you know LeBron is going to leave in 1 more seasons time.

Should be intriguing to see if Kyrie does get traded. And then where LeBron goes after next season.

Can LeBron tack on to another young talent to help him get to the finals again?

Lucky the East is getting worse and worse.

Although Boston are trending up.

I. Thomas and a pick for Kyrie? He'd have to be no. 1 there.

Welp the reign is over :cry:

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 5.24.59 pm.png

Could it be Westbrook, George, Carmelo and Wade in OKC? Or Lebron, Love, IT an Wade in Cleveland?
Wade gave up $8m to get out of Chicago must be keen to go somewhere!

How good (crazy) is this offseason!

Back
Top Bottom