NBA Off season

As much as the thought of superstars joining up to form these loaded teams sounded like a good idea at the time, it's actually reducing the overall saleability of the league. You are getting a bigger disparity between playoff teams and those that will be purposefully tanking games for the entire season just to rebuild via draft picks. That's the formula now. You can't have one franchise guy and build around him with a few key pieces. Now, you got to have 3 or more stars playing on the same team to even have a chance to get through the conference. And it's become a joke now how teams are deliberately losing games from January onwards to get the best chances of securing the lottery pick for the next season.

It's a worry when 2 teams are locks for the finals..

Sure we can play the what if game, but ultimately, only an injury to KD or LeBron can keep those teams out.

Poor product right now. Even though I still love the NBA

It's a worry when 2 teams are locks for the finals..

Sure we can play the what if game, but ultimately, only an injury to KD or LeBron can keep those teams out.

Poor product right now. Even though I still love the NBA
What the fans want are competitive games. And when there is such a huge disjoint, it just becomes boring, whether that's regular season or playoffs. It's like watching team USA demolish team Nigeria in the Olympics. Okay, it may be fun to watch the first time, but really, I wouldn't bother to watch it again. The Cavs played as good as anyone can reasonably expect in Game 5 and still lost comfortably. The only time they won was when they were hitting everything and breaking Finals records.
Historically, it's going to be an unprecedented feat for those teams to meet in the Finals four years in a row. I'm of the opinion that it's not going to happen next season. Like you said, while we can't speculate on what might happen with injuries, I just think the probability is that some team will upset them. Injuries, luck, mental and physical fatigue all play a role and it ain't gonna be a walk in the park sweep to the Finals for these guys as well.

What the fans want are competitive games. And when there is such a huge disjoint, it just becomes boring, whether that's regular season or playoffs. It's like watching team USA demolish team Nigeria in the Olympics. Okay, it may be fun to watch the first time, but really, I wouldn't bother to watch it again. The Cavs played as good as anyone can reasonably expect in Game 5 and still lost comfortably. The only time they won was when they were hitting everything and breaking Finals records.
Historically, it's going to be an unprecedented feat for those teams to meet in the Finals four years in a row. I'm of the opinion that it's not going to happen next season. Like you said, while we can't speculate on what might happen with injuries, I just think the probability is that some team will upset them. Injuries, luck, mental and physical fatigue all play a role and it ain't gonna be a walk in the park sweep to the Finals for these guys as well.

I disagree.

A walk in the park is on the cards. GS will have their tails up, nobody is stopping them and the Cavs are in one of the weakest conferences of all time..

Injury is the only thing, not an upset.

I disagree.

A walk in the park is on the cards. GS will have their tails up, nobody is stopping them and the Cavs are in one of the weakest conferences of all time..

Injury is the only thing, not an upset.
I mean upset in the sense that the Warriors and Cavs are the clear favorites to make it to the Finals and it would be an upset if any team manages to knock them out, whether it be injuries, fatigue etc.

Sad for the Utah fateful, but definetly happy he left the Western Conference and that his now playing for Boston

Looking forward to seeing arguably one of my favourite players going up against my favourite team

I know it's just the summer league, but man, I'm pumped for next season's crop of rookies. Throw Simmons in there too, with Fultz, Tatum and Lonzo and we've got quite a storm brewing for ROY. And that's not even including some other rooks like Fox.

Dion Waiters 4yr $52m with Heat
Kelly Olynyk 4yr $50m to Heat
Dirk 2yr $10m with Mavs
Andre Roberson 3yr $30m with Thunder
Gallinari 3yr $65m to Clippers
Milos Teodosic 2yr $12m to Clippers
P.Patterson 3yr $16m to Thunder

Tim Hardaway Jr 4yr $71m to Knicks
Vince Carter 1yr $8m to Kings
Nick Young 1yr $5m to Warriors
Omri Casspi 1yr $5m to Warriors
James Harden 4yr $228m extension with Rockets