NBA Collector - Back after 15 years

sktwentythree

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Simon
eBay User
simon_kent_23
Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum as a guest for the last couple of weeks on a crazy addiction level. 10 hours one day of scanning thread to thread looking at everything basketball related.

Off memory the last time I bought cards was in 1996, so coming back and reading about Panini exclusivity, auto, game used and jersey cards; wow.

I want to thank everyone here for being so passionate. Reading about everything here made me finally click "bid/buy now" on ebay. Having bought from member's here made me feel even better; shout out to thisisselling.

I bought a lot and will post a mailday thread when I figure out about posting photos properly. The hits I got from 09-10 SP Game Used alone blew me away.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

Another collector from the Sunny Coast :D
Welcome to the forum mate.

I didn't even notice your location when reading your posts recently. Glad to see someone local here as well.

Cobretti said:
Welcome back to the hobby that will set you broke.

It left me with no money as a kid buying pack after pack, but I have no idea how you guys can afford to keep this as a hobby these days. As surely buying and selling cards like shares doesn't get you enough ahead to keep on doing it over and over again. I've seen your guys photobuckets and the $ of cards in them. Can't work out how people can afford them.

Welcome. Do you have a player you are going to collect or just nice hits?
I stopped collecting as a kid in 93 and have been back at it for about a year now. Was also amazed at the autos and jersey cards they have on cards.Now I'm all about pulling my next case hit from a box. Expensive hobby but lots of fun.

Welcome. Do you have a player you are going to collect or just nice hits?
I stopped collecting as a kid in 93 and have been back at it for about a year now. Was also amazed at the autos and jersey cards they have on cards.Now I'm all about pulling my next case hit from a box. Expensive hobby but lots of fun.

As of now I don't have a player collecting wise. Bryant's my favourite current player and Jordan is my all time, but I'm one of millions in that category, so I need to find someone else to collect I think. As of now I'm thinking of getting cases only and if I ever get a big hit, maybe I'll get the money to concentrate on buying just one guy.

Back
Top Bottom