NBA 2k16, everyones thoughts?

mat2323

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mathew
eBay User
mat23232
Just as the headline says what's everyones thoughts? Mine personally, hate the story in my career mode, also hate creating a white player only to have a black father/mother and a twin black sister, it made 2k look very amateur hour, looks good after the story finished tho, also didn't like how they did the draft in the my gm mode, makes it abit rushed and unpersonal, prefered the way it was last year like how it really is on tv. What's everyone else think?

just started my career, with only playing 1 HS game so far but the game feel is different to 15. Will wait and see after a few more games to what i really think of it tho.

having issues with it stopping at 98% installed which seems to be common place for xb1 and ps4 users

any ideas ?
I heard its a Xbox 1 problem, no one I know on ps4 has had problems yet, heard that you just have to wait and it will finish but can take hours, mine took only 5 minutes, the update took About an hour to download tho.

just started my career, with only playing 1 HS game so far but the game feel is different to 15. Will wait and see after a few more games to what i really think of it tho.
The high school and college idea are solid, just feel that more choices would have been nice to make you feel more involved, The fact that you have black parents and twin sister when your white made it look tacky, I mean would it have been that hard to fix that problem, gameplay seems good tho.

I definitely agree on the nationality of the characters should reflect that of the one chosen for your MyPlayer. Without trying to sound racist in ANY way, I feel it's really "black" (yo, dawg, etc, etc). Just makes it look more like a "baller" movie, than what you could expect from an up and coming NBA player.

I'm just a handful of NBA games in, and I'm happy with everything, other than the story.

2 games in and the coach is absolutely ROASTING me, and then refers to the "amount of money I'm paying you", when you're on pittance!

Still, the VC rewarded during play is FAR superior to 2K15, where you played 10 to a dozen games and JUST got enough for an upgrade.

I love the tattoo's big fan of that, just a small aspect, but something I enjoy doing to my MP. I DON'T however, like the lack of designs, and not being able to use the same design - I wanted to give my MP a complete sleeve of the 1 design. Another irk I have, always the same, but the facial hair sucks once again. I want growth and a long goatee. Nope, bloody James Harden beard's all they got. Small things, but you know. ha ha.

Other than that, I've only started MyGM mode, which seems OK, but damn, it's hard to convince teams to trade. I'm trying to pull off a 3-way, and I'll make a move to entice one team, and they're all good, then you make a move to entice the other, and the first team changes their mind! At least they don't get pissed and tell you to nick off like before, ha ha.

I'll keep plugging away with it when I can - started playing Metal Gear, so that's consuming a lot of game time, ha ha.

So I'm still yet to play this game more, other than MC mode (MyCareer), but the times I do play it, I'm still enjoying it.

Over the past week, I've been playing 2K a little, and I decided I'd start my big man from fresh. Tallest you can go, longest arms, etc, and I must say, the game physics have changed since 2K15, and I like it.... A LOT!!

See, here's an issue I had with 2K15, you could be as tall as you like (actually, there's a limit of 7'3") and the guy struggled so bad at rebounding and dunking, because he is literally TOO TALL. Problem I had there, is there's quite a few 7-footers in the NBA who don't struggle so much like that. Yes, there's some tall-ballers who DO suck in the NBA, but they have no issues dunking (generally). In NBA2K15, tall guys would act like they were about 500kgs!! They literally WOULD NOT JUMP!

Fast forward to 2K16, and these guys ROCK!

Sure, I've just made College, and during the 3 High School games I was an absolute monster, but think Dwight Howard vs Jeremy Lin in the post. Exactly what I'm thinking.... domination!!! And I love it.

I'm yet to make the NBA, I'm going to cruise a bit over the next few games, as I really want to drop to the Mavs at 21 if that's possible - according to 2K, they still need a solid big (Javale McGee isnt on their roster yet).

I'm curious what other stuff you lot have found in this game thus far. Game physics and fundamentals have always been a high selling point, but when 7-foot MyPlayers can't jump, that irks me, and it seems this time around, 2K have done them justice!

How are folks progressing with 2K16?

I finally got some more games played in MyCareer, and I must say, it's pretty cool!

It's funny how things progress so quickly at the start of your career, as you literally go from High School to University/College to NBA to Free Agent/New Team (possibly), in less than 20 games.
Works well though, I must say, previous times, you've had to play and play and play your heart out, JUST to get to the end of the season, to start out afresh. This works. It's just so damn quick!

My 7'3" monster is still a monster, still playing on the base (Pro) setting, but not struggling at all. Picking up around 700-750 VC per game, which seems fair, playing on Pro.
His averages are a typical 2K cheese-fest out there, Wilt Chamberlain style!

Was so stoked that I got to pick the Mavs to join!

For those not in the know yet, at the end of the first 8 NBA games, you enter Free Agency. During that period, you pick 3 teams to deal with, and go 3 rounds of negotiations.

Each team will have an interest level % as well as show you that team's starter at your position, and let you know your projected minutes (a SF wanting to play for Cleveland will see about 2-5mins a game, lol).

You pick 3 teams, and begin negotiating a deal with them (at the same time), over 3 rounds. You can choose to accept their initial offer, ask for more minutes, more money (or both) or simply hold that offer on the table until the other rounds have finished. Beware, if you push a team too hard for more money or more minutes (or both), they'll pull their offer, and you won't be able to join them.

Given the Mavs lack of big men in 2K16 (no Javale McGee on their roster yet), they were really interested in me - the highest at 57% and started at about 300 VC (for 2 years). You can't negotiate the length, your first contract will always be 2 years. I managed over 340 VC and an initial 22mins. I'm now averaging around 25 mpg - hoping to be heading for the starters role soon.

Been a while, where's all the 2K gamers at?!?!

I'm still going with my big dude, still playing on Pro (LOL), going close to a 40-20 every game (just becomes too easy).

Deleted the rest of my players, and started a new 6'3" Outside PG. I've discovered a great jump shot style that's doing it for me every game... Iggy's jumper is sweet as heck! I'm loving it THAT much, I'm considering making another big, to shoot those rainbow triples with!!

Still going with my wing sf, averaging around 28ppg/12rpg/8apg on allstar, getting even them stats abit easy now so might bump it up to superstar, my guys 6'10, thinking of starting a pg or a big centre like shaq.

Anyone still playing 2K??? I've been getting into MyPark a lot lately, well, a few times ha ha.

Really enjoying the game more so now. I DID however, buy some VC... tsk tsk tsk... always said I wouldn't do micro transactions - I bought 35,000 VC (about $15AUD) and got another 35,000 VC Free!!
Used it to upgrade my Shooting C (now 83 overall and maxed for Shooting, Athleticism & about 4-5 off from Defence). I also put VC towards my new PG and SF.

I also simmed through my first season of both my bigs, but forced to manually play playoffs - I'm aiming for the Max Contract deal Trophy.

Still needing the online 5x5x5 (5pts, 5rebs & 5asts in a game) and the All-Star Rep for MyPark Trophies.

I got this on Boxing Day. I'm finding the transition from 15 to 16 frustrating in the game play. MyTeam in particular I'm getting beat by the Jazz (26th) with 4 gold players in my team.

My MyPlayer went to UCLA, a PG so I could try and learn the game better. The only team I didn't want to end up was Charlotte as that's where my 15 player was based... And they drafted me. So right now I'm behind both Lin & Kemba in the depth charts. Urgh.

I'm also yet to get in to the game as fallout has been taking priority instead

I got this on Boxing Day. I'm finding the transition from 15 to 16 frustrating in the game play. MyTeam in particular I'm getting beat by the Jazz (26th) with 4 gold players in my team.

My MyPlayer went to UCLA, a PG so I could try and learn the game better. The only team I didn't want to end up was Charlotte as that's where my 15 player was based... And they drafted me. So right now I'm behind both Lin & Kemba in the depth charts. Urgh.

I got this in mid-October. I personally think it's alright. Has problems loading for me though.
Went to Ohio State, and won the NCAA Championship with an average of 23 points a game.
Ended up going to Denver, before going to OKC in free agency.

I think 2K don't have any major things to fix, but still some minor stuff which has already been mentioned in this thread.

Play the first 8-9 games and you'll be a FA, then pick any team you want, just don't try to bargain TOO hard with them, else they'll withdraw their offers.

I found gameplay different when I started out, but now it's like water off a ducks back :)

Loading times are an issue for me with this game, but there's not much else I can sook about with it.

Also, FINALLY picked up the 5x5x5 Trophy last night!! Took us a few goes, and finally after some cheesing it against a couple of newbie players to MyPark (rated less than 70 overall), I managed to rack them up!

Just need to reach All-Star Rep for MyPark, and that's MP done for Trophies. MyTeam and MyGM will do my head in.

Back
Top Bottom