Motor Sport NASCAR - Press Pass closes their doors.

Blake Davidson, NASCAR’s Vice President of Licensing and Consumer Products, told Beckett Media in an email on Tuesday that the organization is getting closer to securing a deal with a future trading card licensee.

“Closing in, but still not quite there,” Davidson said. “Will keep you posted.”

C'moooon Upper Deck.

New deal announced, and its Panini

http://www.beckett.com/news/2016/02/panini-america-confirms-nascar-trading-cards-license/

It has been been more than a year since there was a set of NASCAR trading cards. But the end of the drought is in sight. Today Panini America confirmed they were, indeed, getting in the racing card business. The announcement came during the company’s presentation at the 2016 Industry Summit in Hawaii.

Not a lot of specifics were given about products or release dates. However, the 2016 Panini NASCAR trading card lineup was revealed. A total of four sets will be released this year:

2016 Panini Prizm NASCAR
2016 Panini Torque NASCAR
2016 Panini Certified NASCAR
2016 Panini National Treasures NASCAR
As mentioned, no specifics were given as far as release dates go but the impression was given that Prizm would be the first set under the agreement.

The details were given during the company’s address that covered several topics and concluded with their Black Box presentations given to attendees.

There hasn’t been any racing cards since Press Pass went out of business in January, 2015.

I was rooting for Upper Deck, but in the last 8-10 months I've really soured on the way they're handling the NHL license. Too many high priced single pack releases with garbage like manufactured patches and sticker autos. Designs haven't been great either.

So while I have my issues with Panini, these days I do miss that they provided a second option in the Hockey market. And it'll be nice just to have something NASCAR again. Here's hoping they at least try to match what Press Pass put out.

pn.jpg

Hmmm...saw this today...wonder what they'll be like...

https://twitter.com/PaniniAmerica/status/745006594375618561

Be away for a while, so I've just caught up to see Prizm and Torque.

Prizm is Prizm, but Torque looks decent. On card autos, numerous relic types, lets just hope they're genuine and not "event" used or manufactured.

So as usual for Prizm it looks like its all sticker autos. Torque appears to be on-card (but they use the phrase "hard signed").

There was also some chat a month ago about Certified - but only as a blaster - and National Treasures.

Back
Top Bottom