My PSA Grades from My First Ever Submission

whereiswally78

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
whereiswally78
Just found my submission has (FINALLY) been graded ... bit disappointed with a couple, but overall, not too bad!

Thanks for looking.

My PSA Grades.JPG

Hard luck Matty, some higher grades there tho, but there's a few 7s that stood out.

Hopefully they look better slabbed than the grades make them sound.

I've seen cards that should be a 9 or 10 come back a 6, I don't think he'd "knowingly" send in a card if he thought it'd be a 7!!!

I think surface really kills the grading.. like 04-05 SPSE cards are very sensitive to surface.. they are semi-glossy and can get scratches easily. as auto cards have bigger space to sign and they are easily visible...

perhaps, u should send ur hi-res scans and send to guys like Hill33 to make some advanced judgements.. coz most of the cards he sent will come back great..

JMO....

Thanks for all the comments so far.

I've seen cards that should be a 9 or 10 come back a 6, I don't think he'd "knowingly" send in a card if he thought it'd be a 7!!!

Hit the nail on the head! Having not graded cards before, I picked my favourite few cards that met the criteria for the $US5ea grading special they had in June. I didn't send any that I thought had obvious faults - I'm guessing as Linn pointed out, that maybe it was the surface. Pity PSA don't give you the breakdown of each criteria like BGS do - it's nice to see exactly where the fault is.

I'm stoked with the Amare/Jacobson PSA 10 as its Amare's rookie year and the best card I've ever pulled from a box. The Jambalaya PSA 9 is cool. Very disappointed about the J-Rich/Biedrins Dual Auto - was expecting a 10 for that!

We live and learn!

Guess I was just excited to see how they would come back. As its been three months since I sent them, I can't remember which ones I thought would grade particularly well, and which ones wouldn't.

When I get them back in the mail, I'll put some scans up.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

Hit the nail on the head! Having not graded cards before, I picked my favourite few cards that met the criteria for the $US5ea grading special they had in June. I didn't send any that I thought had obvious faults - I'm guessing as Linn pointed out, that maybe it was the surface. Pity PSA don't give you the breakdown of each criteria like BGS do - it's nice to see exactly where the fault is.

I'm stoked with the Amare/Jacobson PSA 10 as its Amare's rookie year and the best card I've ever pulled from a box. The Jambalaya PSA 9 is cool. Very disappointed about the J-Rich/Biedrins Dual Auto - was expecting a 10 for that!

We live and learn!

Guess I was just excited to see how they would come back. As its been three months since I sent them, I can't remember which ones I thought would grade particularly well, and which ones wouldn't.

When I get them back in the mail, I'll put some scans up.

At least now Matty, you'll be able to compare (hopefully) those lower grades to the higher ones, and go from there.

I have 2 cards (actually a few more) that I desperately want slabbed, but these two in particular, I don't want to part with as 1 seems to me is in MINT condition, I'd be shattered to see anything less than a 10.

But these things happen.

Good experience if you do continue with the grading. Certainly something I wouldn't mind getting into. Keeps yur GU and auto's in great condition if they are already that way. A couple of 10's in there which is always great! Good tip on checking out the surface for minor indentations and flaws is holding on an angle under a light. Graham will have some other good tips for you I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom