My first major issue using MMB

shawnkemp40

🔴⚪⚫
Real Name
Dylan
Bought a Thon Maker UD 5x7 #'d 108/199
Was supposedly delivered to @MMB on Xmas Eve, still hadn't been processed which I only checked a few weeks back. Emailed Ben at MMB and long story short "they didn't receive it" now the exact 108/199 card/5x7 is for sale on eBay by steel City Collectibles. Needless to say I have contacted the original seller and steel City.
Will keep you updated.
USPS shows delivered so either the mailman, someone at MMB or a third party has stolen it.
So I can't really do much as PayPal/eBay will reject claim as shows delivered, not original sellers fault either but let this be a warning. A bit worried to use MMB now especially as I have a big PC piece on the way there.

I remember hearing a story similar to this from one of the Worlds biggest collectors, Nat Turner.
He sent a huge value MJ to BGS by mail and it showed delivered but was actually intercepted by a postal worker who then put it on eBay not realizing what he had.
Police caught him, but he no longer sends to BGS via mail amymore. PSA only or hand delivers cards to BGS.
Not BGS’s fault either, but theyd be spewin to miss out on grading some of his acquisitions Im sure

Ok so I messaged the seller and Steel City. Seller replies...long story short..they used a stock photo (which was not advised in the listing) as a result Steel City do not have my stolen/lost/fingered/fisted/moneyshotted card.
I now have messaged Steel City and advised them that this is not my card BTW
The issue with MMB still remains and I am just hoping the 2 things I have going there don't end up going missing. This is the least helpful I have found them when resolving problems although Ben is nowhere near as good as Mary or one of the other guys.
So sometimes, you just gotta wear the sh!t. Can't claim through eBay/PayPal, chances of getting "my" card back screwed and MMB are not coming to the party either. Yay
Thank fk it's Friday
Main point is that MMB is still flawed possibly and we all know USPS is sh!t.

Last edited:
I remember hearing a story similar to this from one of the Worlds biggest collectors, Nat Turner.
He sent a huge value MJ to BGS by mail and it showed delivered but was actually intercepted by a postal worker who then put it on eBay not realizing what he had.
Police caught him, but he no longer sends to BGS via mail amymore. PSA only or hand delivers cards to BGS.
Not BGS’s fault either, but theyd be spewin to miss out on grading some of his acquisitions Im sure
Wow that's insane, yeah thankfully this was just a Thon and nothing that can't be replaced. I have a /199 already so it would have been a duplicate but it's just the whole issue when you don't get things delivered to you directly. So many variables. I wouldn't bother claiming against the seller as 1. I won't win, 2. Other than a bit of a misleading listing he has done everything else right and was very prompt in his reply and trying to help.
I have heard of the legend that is this Nat Turner insanely high end MJ collector. I am sure he drops a lot of coin on grading.

Back
Top Bottom