My first ever box break (NRL Strike)

ch0pzta

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
Hey all.. new here etc etc... been lurking for a while etc etc

As the title suggests, ive never had the opportunity to bust a full box... until today.

Results:

1: Club Player 2010- Mitchell Pearce
2: Commons
3: Commons
4: Commons
5: Team of the Year 2009- Anthony Watmough
6: Commons
7: Commons
8: Commons
9: Top Prospect Signature- Justin Horo 166/300
10: Commons (contained THREE checklist cards....wtf)
11: Team of the Year 2009- Michael Ennis
12: Commons
13: Club Player 2009- George Rose
14: Commons
15: Commons
16: Commons
17: Commons
18: Commons
19: Commons
20: Club Player 2009- Nathan Friend
21: Commons
22: Storm Predictor
23: Commons
24: Commons
25: Club Player 2010- Isaac Luke
26: Commons
27: Commons
28: Commons
29: Commons
30: Club Player 2009- Luke Douglas
31: Award Winner 2009- Jamal Idris
31 - 36: Commons

Pretty happy with it.... got the full set of base cards out of it, not a single card was damaged.

IMO Select have done an excellent job with this series, the cards are premium quality and feel solid and polished.

Debating whether or not to grab another box to hunt for inserts...... what do you guys do with the mountain of unwanted cards after a bust? Sell?

nice work on the storm predictor.

i usually try to get my base cards signed but its really up to you.

Sell or trade left overs depends on what you want to do with the collection. Some ppl hold on to cards as "trade bait", others are minimalists and trim the fat off their collections. Up to you really

Find a box.. And seal them there for years before looking at it again in the very long distant future.. ;)

Nice bust there mate!! What team do you support?

Thanks for the tips guys.

Im a long time Panthers supporter, since i was a kid.

I used to collect heaps when i was younger, i have a handful of 1992 Regina brand NRL cards, a few 1993, about 75% of the full set of 1994 Series 1 (including all 5 Gold Cards), 2 cards short of a full set of Series 2 1994, about 75% of a set of 1994 Masters, a heap of 1995 series 1 and 2, and dribs and drabs of 1996 cards... then nothing until i bought a few packs of 2008 Champions, then nothing until this year. Starting to get back into it.

I can imagine you have a mammoth collection lol

Thanks for the tips.

Couldnt help myself, ordered another box today, hopefully arrive Tuesday, will post results.

I used to collect heaps when i was younger, i have a handful of 1992 Regina brand NRL cards, a few 1993, about 75% of the full set of 1994 Series 1 (including all 5 Gold Cards), 2 cards short of a full set of Series 2 1994, about 75% of a set of 1994 Masters, a heap of 1995 series 1 and 2, and dribs and drabs of 1996 cards... then nothing until i bought a few packs of 2008 Champions, then nothing until this year. Starting to get back into it.

I can imagine you have a mammoth collection lol

mate let me know what 94, 95 cards you are missing I might be able to fill a few gaps in those collections for you

Thanks guys but im keeping my old sets as they are, including the gaps.

Sentimental reasons.

Back
Top Bottom