UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

Jon jones out of UFC 200 for failing USADA doping test. So annoyed at this, was really looking forward to this fight. Career over?Such a waste of talent.

Last edited:
worst card i've ever paid for.

glad cormier and lesnar got booed. they aren't great fighters. they're dreat one dimensional wrestlers.

I jumped on late last night.

Something about Miesha nearly missing weight, which is really unusual for her, my gut was telling me this year long trend of belts changing hands was going to continue.

Just worry now Dana chucks her so far down the pecking order she'll spend the rest of her days in #1 contender fights that she gets screwed out of.

heaps flat with the ufc lately. the amount of usada violations and main events signed that havent happened for whatever reason is killing the sport.

well i say that, but then they just sold the thing for 4 billion... so the fight fallouts and publicity probably do uncle dana favours.

Yep. First Lesnar tests positive again from a seperate pre-fight, in competition test, taken 12 days after the previous positive test. Same estrogen blocker that Jon Jones had in his system.

Then Mendes gets 2 years.

Now 2 fighters pulled from upcoming events due to "USADA compliance issues"

Overeem got knocked into next Sunday and claimed Miocic tapped on a guillotine attempt. Looked like a flog when looked at replay.

Werdum was surprisingly more aggressive than usual kicking Browne's coach in the octagon after the match. haha

AND CM Punk got Punked..... as predicted

whittaker vs anderson here is hoping. It would be a tough fight to get anderson to sign for, but offering whittaker anyone else in the division isnt really fair at this stage i wouldnt of thought and plus if you look below everyone else is booked. Unless we get Hector Lombard vs Whittaker. dont know how keen i would be to see that, tough fight and i want whittaker to keep this roll on.

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 5.25.28 PM.png

Yeah Silva makes sense, and don't think they are getting Hunt to fight anytime soon, so will need some sort of aussie flavour in there somewhere to draw the local fans (probably early prelims again). Either way still going to head down to watch it, short flight n all.

i dunno about that i follow mark hunts manager on twitter. he seems to think they might have something sorted.
Hunt and his manager have been in LA. Manager posted something along the lines of "meetings done, ready for war"

feel for miesha. over the moon with the fights today though, minus thompson of course. great fight though,he definitely didnt lose any fans

So Connor carried on like an idiot because they didn't have a second belt for him

The second belt being his FW title which wasn't on the line and he was supposed to bring himself.

In the end they rushed someone backstage and borrowed Woodley's belt, and he was none too keen from some reports.

Also pretty hilarious that they don't trust Weidman to stay healthy, or Romero to stay clean, they that had Jacare on tap, training, cutting weight and weighing in, just in case they needed an alternate.

I thought jacare was going to fight tim kennedy when i saw him weigh in, i was that pumped. Not to be, oh well..

great card and great event in the end. kind of glad that they didn't have the second belt ready. made for a much more entertaining interview. he was more charismatic then ever.

People love to hate on Conor - and each to their own.

I have been a fan ever since he fought on the Fox Sports debut in Boston (when Chael Sonnen headlined).

I flew to Vegas for UFC 189 - and it was amazing. Easily the best UFC event I've ever been to (no mean feat, that list includes 148, 159, 175, and 193, along with a few Aussie fight nights in Sydney and Brisbane).

Basically every fight McGregor has had, the self proclaimed "traditionalists" have doubted him, and tried to belittle the "casuals" who love watching him.

Yet.... here we are. Not only did he beat Eddie, it was a one-sided beat down. Boarderine embarrasing that Conor just walked straight through the "champ" without raising a sweat.

Whether you like his antics or hate the trash talk, he deserves the uttermost respect for what he has acchieved.

Back
Top Bottom