UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

Nunes will be dangerous in the first two rounds, she has a definite size advantage, and unlike Holm who is more measured, Nunes will try to blitz Tate standing.

But the obvious flaw for Nunes is her tank, and Tate can get on top of her - figuratively and literally - the longer it goes.

Cautiously optimistic for Tate, but I never consider any fight a lock.

Really not going to shed a tear for Jon Jones, incredibly rich of him to call Cormier a coward given what he did.

In other news, BJ Penn is set to fight Denis Siver at UFC 199.

So Cormier can call Jones a junkie, but Jones calling Cormier a coward is "incredibly rich"... or are we using for the 'Jones-started-it' defence for DC?

They're both dud people. I hope they book Rumble Johnson vs Texiera and Rumble wipes the floor with him and then he smashes Jones after he becomes unified against DC.

Thats my ideal 2016 for the LHW Division.

Rumble doesn't have the cleanest history either :lol:

Seriously DC is the cleanest in the division, has the most f***ed up tragic life story, represented his country in the Olympics, and yet people hate him the most.

It's bizarre.

Last edited:
I see that Dana has announced that Ronda will fight whoever holds the title.

On that basis alone I hope that Nunes doesn't win - because it then becomes a pretty meaningless fight. At least Tate has history with Ronda, but ideally Holly would have defended the title setting the scene for an epic rematch.

dana white killed me this morning in the press conference. i know he feels like he has to play hardball so every other fighter doesnt try to do the same thing, but for christ sake just let the boys fight.

Nate Diaz is going on holidays if its not conor.

what did we think of jones' return? he did it very easy for someone who didn't too crash hot. OSP is no slouch either, i know the broken arm did him no favours but i don't know what to think of Jones v Cormier II now.

Whittaker looked the goods again, impressed he took so many leg kicks and kept coming forward. Moved up the rankings again, hopefully he gets bisping next. Again no slouch but i think he could definitely beat bisping. And they could promote it like the ashes haha.

Pettis, where too from here? the golden boy, mr weaties box goes for three consecutive losses. Again all three very good fighters, but i thought if there was a matchup where he was ever going to shine it was vs someone like barboza, both love to stand and bang, with all sorts of flare.

Yair Rodriguez looked like a freak yet again these MMA new breeds are exciting figthers. Both Yair, and Thomas Almedia are ones to keep an eye on for sure.

Also im After any 2012 or 2014 Knockout Autos if you have any to move on, give me a buzz

This is the most critical response to a landslide unanimous decision I've ever seen since following MMA.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't dominate like everyone expected -but OSP never got close to making the Jones camp nervous... So if you can go 5 whole rounds against a top 6 fighter in your division and not get seriously threatened once... That's pretty good.

Yeah "OSP broke his arm" - that doesn't explain the one sided fight before that point, nor does it give credit to Jon for inflicting damage that "won" him the fight.

Anyone would think he scrapped by in a close split-decision.

Jones return wasnt overly impressive but ill save judgement till his next fight, put it down to ring rust and the change of opponent.

Yair is a stud, big fan. Also glad barboza got up over Pettis, love his striking!

Pettis, where too from here? the golden boy, mr weaties box goes for three consecutive losses. Again all three very good fighters, but i thought if there was a matchup where he was ever going to shine it was vs someone like barboza, both love to stand and bang, with all sorts of flare.

There was a great write up on bloodyelbow on how Barboza beat Pettis with superior movement and well timed jabs.

Another great win on the weekend for MediumReem :thumbsup:

Hope he sticks with Greg Jackson, he's made him a much more patient and calculated fighter. Losing the mass has also helped. But apparently its not exactly amicable with him and Arlovski in the same gym.

Also, another Australian fight too keep an eye on is 145er Megan Anderson. First round KO at the buzzer during this weekend's Invicta card, now sitting on 6-2.

At 26 she has plenty of upside, and a easily marketable look (on the left)

Ik2IWVyh.jpg

also some crazy long limbs.

Ch6NI0MWEAAx5JD.jpg

No surprise it was a head kick that cliched it.

Took out the social media award for the event as well, so she's doing a lot right at the moment.

So for the last year or so now I've become pretty dubious of Overeem's autos, especially given I've received none of the pending redemptions with Topps.

I even posted about it in another thread

As an Alistair Overeem collector, I can relate

WZgluaa.jpg

All his early stuff looks like this

XLAoJ3S.jpg

His UFC-era Topps stuff is like this

oP0W0eO.jpg

and lately his IP stuff has looked like this

kNeadS6.jpg

and this

Now this has just surfaced on eBay

pet89ST.jpg

From the 2008 K-1 Dynamite set. These were #/18.

They pre-date anything Leaf produced by at least two years. I'd like to say I have some faith in Leaf's autos, but then you see things like this...

LBHSgeA.jpg
b7LADG3.jpg

and compare those two, with the Leaf Legends of Sport card quoted above, and you have 3 autos with obvious variations. The Legends of Sport auto looks very carefully done, mimicking the symbol for anarchy. These two both feature the quickly done 'AO' side by side, but then one of them looks like someone has added 'vereem' to it.

Whatever the explanation, out of all these variations the one that sticks out as the least likely are the ones coming out of Topps.

Well add another sus one to the list

8wnYPXkh.jpg

except everything I've seen Kawajiri sign has looked like this

KowoA1g.jpg

NouPAv7h.jpg

Could be just trying to fit something on the sticker, could be trying to appeal to the English speaking market, but I hate that there is such a massive difference, its hard to have faith in their authenticity.

sheezus great day of fights today, again a few results that hurt me loads. but overall one of the best cards i've ever bought.

oh no. i cant believe he has fans. im cringing at the way he is carrying on at this press conference.

Back
Top Bottom