UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

I was super pumped for Cain VS Fab.
Still keeps me interested with Hunt for the close to home factor but I think the only chance hunt has is with the haymaker.
I think Werdum could stand up against Hunt no problems. He has a 6" height advantage and I would imagine a decent reach advantage too (don't know stats).

And like you said @KB. the short notice and altitude may make this fight a fizzer. Let's hope Hunt brings his A game.

Yeah I don't count Werdum out on his feet with Hunt, but I only think he'd have a hope of out pointing him with his range because I think a canon is needed to put Hunt out. The problem for him is if he does stay on his feet, it gives Hunt more time to land, and as we know, Hunt only needs to land once in 5 rounds which is what makes it tricky. I'm really interested to see how it goes, but unfortunately for Hunt (who I'm rooting for) it's a HUGE task to take out a guy the level for Werdum.

Just getting home from UFC Fight Night 55 Allphones Arena and Rockhold was a class above everyone else. He made his win look too easy.

seemed way to fast and just wanted it more than bisping, both were gracious after it, was good to see

The Sydney card was good top to bottom.

I watched the Shogun OSP card last night and it was so/so. I expected OSP to get the win, but not that quick.

No need to talk about the OSP Shogun fight.

Pumped for the Hunt fight. Although the luck Ive had the last few years following fighters Id be better off becoming a really big Werdum fan! Anyone got any Werdum cards they want to sell? (He doesnt stand a chance now haha)

I hope hunt does well, but i think werdum will be way too good, he looked so good in the travis brown fight

Man kinda sick of everyone now thinking talking s*** is the path to success in the UFC.

TUF20 is only halfway through but Angela Magana - who was one of the lowest seeds on the show - is already taking shots at all and sundry.

Also;

Anton Tabuena: I basically agree with what these guys have said, but screw logic. It only takes one punch. Mark Hunt by KO.

:thumbsup:

BOOM knee to the head. Good stuff Werdum.
Goes well with this.
werdum.JPG

Hunt had him rattled early with some big blows putting Werdum down but wow.
Can he beat Cain????? I hold my doubts.

And Jessica Eye can add half an ear to her trophy cabinet. That shiz was yuck.
To her credit Leslie Smith wanted to keep fighting! I was enjoying the pace of that fight. Rematch anyone?

Went about as well as expected first Poirer, then Shogun now Hunt. 3 KO losses back to back to back for my PC fighters. And guess what, my other PC fighter is up next week. Will Frankie Edgar join the others on the canvass?

Good result for that 1/1 Werdum though very nice. I tend to think now would be the time to move it cash in on the hype, I think Cain is just too next level - but you never never know - which is the beauty of the fight game.

I hope so bdean lets gooo cub! Huge swanson fan i want him to vs mcgregor and just put him in his place

Bit of a story that's blown up in the last 24hrs

In March this year Roufusport product Dennis Munson Jr had his debut amateur fight on a Roufusport promoted card in Milwaukee, where combat sports are currently unregulated. Although he started strong in the first, by the second round he was already in trouble, stumbling and not defending himself. Hanging onto the ropes at the start of the 3rd, his corner essentially pushed back into the fight, where he only got worse. At the end of the 3rd he collapses in the corner. As he's rushed to hospital he falls into a coma, and a few hours later he passes away.

What's set it off today is an article written by John Diedrich at Journal Sentinel, highlighting the gross negligence of the referee, ring doctor and corner, who all had long standing associations with Roufusport.

What's really troubling is the video of the fight - filmed and produced by Roufusport - that was handed to police, is missing 32 seconds of footage between Munson standing in his corner, and collapsing on the ground.

Amateur footage that's come forward, shows the missing footage, where his cornerman is slapping him in the face.

In the video below representatives of various athletic commissions analyze the fight, and point out the myriad of failings between the ref, doctor and corner - and it'll make you mad:

Rose Namajunas and Pat Barry - former members of Roufusport - have spoken out today about the way Roufusport treats their students, especially the more green members of the gym. Many have come forward on Rose's facebook with stories of their own...

4DB2NH9.jpg

DMdVcLF.png

K8kZN4X.png

dLxGkzU.png

i4hd2w5.png

Eric Schafer (14-8-2) said:
Duke Roufus is a bully, a liar, and one of the worst people I have ever met. I have never been in a more toxic environment than when I was the head grappling coach and fighter at the gym. I saw teammate after teammate getting treated like shit. Guys being told to beat up lower level guys that were just trying to help out, UFC fighters being told to beat up other UFC level fighters so they would not come back, verbal abuse, violence, guys getting lied to about fights, etc. I have messages and conversations with almost everyone of his fighters from my days there; from his UFC stars to his coaching staff about how much they were mistreated. I will not out them, but they know the truth. They can tell their tales if they want.

When I started there I was new to the UFC, and it was purely a kickboxing gym. I was looking to round out my game. I soon joined as the head grappling coach and we started the MMA team. You could say that I was 2nd in command at the time. I was there when Pettis walked in the door, and when Pat Barry moved to Milwaukee to switch to MMA. I have met some of my best friends there and the family was very strong, despite the captain of the ship being horrible. After seeing countless members of my "family" get screwed over, I finally called it quits after he finally betrayed me directly after being there for over 3 years. Sometimes I wish I had the strength to stand up to him at the time, but it almost feels like I was one of the kids in a family of abuse. I would rather run away than stand up to my violent dad.

I left without telling anyone my plans, but I started my own gym a few months later. I never recruited anyone to follow me, but I just wanted out of the negativity. Many of the guys followed me when they found out or left eventually to other places after they got screwed. I don't claim to be a great fighter or anything, and don't care if I ever am as famous as him or his guys... but I am much more happy. Maybe I am just a pussy or something, like I am sure he will claim anyone who says anything about him, but I could care less. I was never a world champion and had my weaknesses in the cage, but I dare you to ever say I quit in the gym no matter who I was sparring. It was not the "hard" training that was bad, it was something much worse. Not every fighter was treated horribly, but I am sure that every fighter and coach from 2007 to 2010 has been screwed over at least once, whether they will admit it or not.

I am happy with my young and happy gym. I have blocked him from my life. I was offered a fight on his card and told my manager that "I personally would not ever fight for him", so a when a few of my young fighters were scheduled to fight on his show (which I did not like, but he is the big local promoter), he decided to cancel their fights 2 weeks before the event. He wrote me a letter (which I kept) saying they were not welcome, because I did not respect him. I said that I actually understand that, but I wish he wouldn't have scheduled them in the first place and screwed them over. A year later the matchmaker came out and asked for forgiveness and said that we can at least have a business relationship. I said I didn't trust Duke, but the other coaches wanted our guys on the card, I reluctantly agreed. Once again, he cancelled our fights a few weeks before to spite me. Oh well...

The sad thing is that this poor kid had to die before we started hearing any of these stories. What happened to this poor kid is a separate issue in my opinion...

No comment so far from Duke Roufus, but after the whole Lloyd Irvin thing, no coach is untouchable, no matter how influential.

That video above is horrible. There was obviously something far more wrong with him than being 'gassed'. Also the way the cornerman seemed to keep on him when he was on the verge of collapse and eventually did collapse is just wrong. His body language appeared as if he was agitated with the kid as well.

Gotta correct one point in my post above, MMA is regulated in Wisconsin, for some reason kickboxing isn't.

The cornerman was one of Roufusport's head striking coaches Scott Cushman, someone a few have referred to as "old school"

Who's tuning in tomorrow? Best card i have seen for a while ! Should be good.

Hoping lawler and pettis get the job done

Yep been hanging out for this one

Nope. Pissweak card, propped up by the main event.

And its a recurring theme up until UFC 181 on Dec 6.

just too bad Holly Holm had to pull out. Also weird the TUF 20 coaches fight is on this card when the show's finale is next week. And its not the main event!

Don't mind Melendez winning. Titles changing hands keep thing interesting.

Back
Top Bottom