UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

Jesus tapdancing Christ this s--- is becoming a farcical circus

- Wand refuses a pre-fight drug test, can't get licensed, and is out of his fight against Chael Sonnen

- Wand claims the rep turned up with the paperwork in English, which he can't read well enough, and refused to sign it.

- Dana White claims Wand is "done" in the UFC

skip to this week

- Chael fails a random drug test, positive for breast cancer and female fertility drugs

- Claims that since he can't have a TUE his doctor prescribed the drugs to cycle off the TRT

- Dana blames NSAC

:rolleyes:

Jesus tapdancing Christ this s--- is becoming a farcical circus

- Wand refuses a pre-fight drug test, can't get licensed, and is out of his fight against Chael Sonnen

- Wand claims the rep turned up with the paperwork in English, which he can't read well enough, and refused to sign it.

- Dana White claims Wand is "done" in the UFC

skip to this week

- Chael fails a random drug test, positive for breast cancer and female fertility drugs

- Claims that since he can't have a TUE his doctor prescribed the drugs to cycle off the TRT

- Dana blames NSAC

:rolleyes:
What ever happened to getting in the Gym , working your ass off getting fit & strong . To many uncle Dougs in this sport and to many excuses

After whatching UFC 174 some of the fights were played so carefully. It was like Feijoa didn't want to be there very interesting card.

I thought there were two really good things about that card.

1. Number 1 and most important Schaub lost!

2. I'll never have to watch it again.

Sonnen the king of spin. In his defence I think a very large % of these guys are on some kind of helper juice.

I thought there were two really good things about that card.

1. Number 1 and most important Schaub lost!

2. I'll never have to watch it again.

The judges were appalling that fight however I'm happy Schaub lost not a fan of him.

Been a loooooong time!!

Hello all. Hope you are all doing well.

For those that know/remember me. I thought I would drop in. Sorry that this is very off-topic, but this seemed to be the busiest UFC thread at the moment.

I have started a sale thread : http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/ufc-cards-for-sale.167608/

Have not listed any specific cards, you can get an idea from my PC though, I got a lot of old stuff! Also old maildays/ box break threads that I have posted in the past.

Hit me up on the above thread if you are chasing anything in particular from the early sets.... auto/relic/insert/gold base/ base sets etc,etc.

If there is enough interest then I will start listing individual cards that I have.

A few highlights of my collection would be:

Round 1 GSP Auto
Round 2 Wand Red Auto
Round 2 JDS Auto
Round 2 Jon Jones Auto
Main Event Royce Gracie Gear Auto

I would mcuh rather sell the cards to fellow Aussie collectors, rather than going through the hassle of putting them all on Ebay.

Looks like the UFC is teeing up Tate's next fight

At UFN Japan in September

Against unbeaten Japanese fighter

6PcNQ0j.jpg

Rin Nakai

Look at the size of that thing hiw much bloody weight is she going to have to cur

Only 10lbs, Rin's only 5'1 (Tate's a little over 5'6).

It's a really bizarre match up that caught a few by surprise. Invicta has tried to book Nakai but failed. That said UFN will be in Japan which helps.

Nakai has been Pancrase's saving grace these last few years, she's their golden girl. They promote her heavily, even featuring in some saucy videos on their youtube channel. Her own blog is quite... interesting too.

But her "unbeaten" record is dubious. It's padded with overmatched fighters, and suspect favouritism from Pancrase.

She won the Queen of Pancrase title against Danielle West when it was made pretty much impossible to win. West came in 1kg over, yet they had her cut weight on the day of the fight, and stipulated that West couldn't use any chokes or knees on the ground - while Rin still could. And to top it off, if West had won (KO or other submission), the fight would have been ruled a Draw or No Contest and the title remain vacant.

It's win-win for the UFC; Tate wins and she's beaten the best in Japan and on the up. Rin wins UFC have a new fighter to promote as she just beat Rousey's (thus far) toughest opponent.

Good to see him get a win. But I still wish he would retire. He is just getting unnecessary brain damage at this point.

So Sonnen has failed a second drug test

This time for HGH and EPO, as well as the two substance he tested for earlier, anastrozole and hCG.

Will be fun to see if Dana White still leaps to his defence now, or if he'll bury him like he did Wandy.

Im sure the golden boy will be fine. There will be More spin then a spell of Shane Warne bowling

I'm no Rousey fan, but as a Judo fan I really can't fault her fight against Davis. Awesome hip toss to schoolyard headlock and punches.

And hopefully today's signing of Holly Holm presents a better fight.

Back
Top Bottom