UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

As expected the first round was the swing round

ErjIkmS.jpg

Great night of fights. I had Hendricks winning but I had a feeling while waiting for the decision that GSP would get the nod. Just a nagging feeling I had for some reason.

And while on the subject how was lawler and Rory a split?? I think it's been overlooked because of what happened in the main, and understandably so, but far out. I thought that was a decisive victory for Ruthless.

Some questionable judging for sure.

I'm a big Hendricks fan and also agree that he won. So subjective though, which is the problem in itself. Even Dana said he only gave GSP the second. I think clearly GSP won the fifth. In the end Hendricks didn't dominate like I hoped he would. Close fight whichever way it went.

Done and dusted now and Hendricks will do himself no favours harping on about it even if the majority agree. GSP owes the man a re-match though and I hope it happens. Emphatic win from Hendricks puts it beyond doubt while a win for GSP does the same for the other camp

one of the worst decisions you'll ever see. just watched the press conference, that was interesting.

I thought it was Hendricks but this does seem to be a recurring theme in title fights.

I didn't have a problem with Rory/Lawler being split as I felt the 2nd round could have gone either way

GSP won rounds 1,3 & 5

Round 1 was basically a draw but GSP was being the aggressor the whole round and him being the champ prob gave him that extra nod if anything.

Hendricks didn't seem his usual explosive self in my eyes and round 5 he seemed to just be cruising thinking he already won 3 of the 4 rounds but he was wrong and it cost him.

Concerned about this talk that GSP's personal issues, and wanting to take a hiatus, stem from his growing concern for his own psychological health and the toll fighting may be taking on his mental faculties.

Rather he quit than have the UFC strongarm a gun-shy fighter into a rematch.

I thought it was Hendricks but this does seem to be a recurring theme in title fights.

I didn't have a problem with Rory/Lawler being split as I felt the 2nd round could have gone either way

Yeah I actually gave the 2nd round to Rory. My problem is that one of the judges had Rory winning the fight 2 rounds to 1. Hence the split decision. I don't know how anyone gives Rory anything but the second round. I'm not sure what fight that judge was watching to give two rounds to Rory.

Apparantly GSP issues are he knocked up a girl and he doesn't want the baby but she wants to keep it. And his dad is dying. Two pretty full on things.

GSP's sister has said the TMZ story about his father is false:

"My father is doing very well!" said Myriam St-Pierre, younger sister of Georges, "We have received many phone calls, and this rumor must stop. It is causing us pain."
"My father watches my children. He would not watch them if he was about to die," said Myriam St-Peirre, 29. She gave assurances that the sexagenarian was is great shape.
I don't know where this rumor comes from, but it's false. she said.

but apparently didn't exactly deny the pregnancy story.

Hendricks didn't tap. I saw it in when I watched the fight live as well. Not sure what he was doing with his hand but it's not a tap. People are saying that's the only reason Georges gave up the guillotine but there is now way he would have let that go until the ref told him to if Henricks was tapping. It didn't look like he had it that tight anyway

sounds like shane del rosario is in a bad way. Suffered a double heart attack and is currently in intensive care on life support with no brain function.

there's an ESPN story saying he's died, but that's been disputed. All said, the last update said he'd need a miracle.

:(

Shane keeps fighting. Despite reports saying he'd passed away (f&*# the 24hr news cycle vultures) apparently Shane's now breathing on his own and has apparently squeezed his mother's finger. Still deep in the woods, but there's hope.

Also; Team Tate > Team Rousey :D :D :D :kick: :D

Back
Top Bottom