UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

why the sad face ?

All the old favourites are fading, and I don't keep tabs on the sports as much as I used to, so at face value not many of the new guys coming through appeal to me. A lot of cookie cutter tatted up dudebro wrestle/boxers, whose skillsets are so similar they cancel each other out.

And the UFC gets a highly credentialed BJJ practitioner in Roger Gracie, and they cut him after one fight. :mad:

3 people winning their upcoming fights would make my year - Barnett, Jacare, and Tate.

If Kid can beat Menjivar that would be super too

Hahaha I hope Reem puts some tinea cream on his face 'cause he ate Brown's nasty foot!

All the old favourites are fading, and I don't keep tabs on the sports as much as I used to, so at face value not many of the new guys coming through appeal to me. A lot of cookie cutter tatted up dudebro wrestle/boxers, whose skillsets are so similar they cancel each other out.

And the UFC gets a highly credentialed BJJ practitioner in Roger Gracie, and they cut him after one fight. :mad:

3 people winning their upcoming fights would make my year - Barnett, Jacare, and Tate.

If Kid can beat Menjivar that would be super too

That's because the UFC cares about nothing but making money. They care nothing about the fighters, especially if they aren't the fans flavour of the month. I think my days of buying UFC pay per view fights are over. I'd rather watch Bellator.

Kinda wish Leaf would do another MMA set, so many fighters outside the UFC I'd love to get on card.

Hell make it about combat sports in general and get some of the K-1 and GLORY guys too.

Ahhhhhhhhh Shogun, Shogun, Shogun. Interesting listening to his brother of late. His brother has been very critical of his recent camps - two many yes men and shady characters. If Shogun is still serious he needs to get back full time with Rafael Cordeiro, have his brother back in his camp, fuck off all the yes men and bring back the violence. I never say never but at this point he needs to dramatically change things up or hang the gloves up - Id much rather him hang the gloves up then continue on his current path.

He will (or should) go down as one of MMA's greats as it stands, but I still think he has more violence left in him.

Great to see Super Steve Siler get the KO. Been a fan of his since TUF. Loved his tweet to Dana White pre fight "You mentioned Mike Brown in your video blog but not me. I guarantee you will remember my name after this fight". And he delievered on that.

Missed the event, just caught up on the results :D

Did my dough (parlayed my heart against my money and had a Mir, in a multi with Pettis and Rothwell), but couldn't be happier with these results.

Forget GSP/Silva/Jones, bring on Aldo v Pettis!

I'll also hazard a guess that Vera and Couture will be looking for new jobs come Monday.

Last edited:
Fight Day! :)

Sitting on the rug sorting cards to sell / keep , with UFC 165 on the tele. *Bliss*

I haven't forgotten that some of you have asked for any cards from specific fighters I have for sale.

Picks for the title fights?

I'm thinking Barao and Gustafsson.

I agree 100% bullshit

I saw it on the TV live The main event could have been fight of the year
but I think alexander is the peoples champ what a fighter great fight.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbed. I don't know what fight the judges were watching. 49-46 Jones? Gimme a break.

I saw it on the TV live The main event could have been fight of the year
but I think alexander is the peoples champ what a fighter great fight.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UFC has cut Okami

"He's been with us forever," White said of Okami, who first fought in the UFC in 2006. "He was always a tough guy and was right up there, but it's almost like he'd become a gatekeeper. I like Okami, and you've heard me say this many times, that a win over Yushin Okami meant something

"But he was never able to get over the hump and win one of those [significant] fights. We have a lot of guys coming in and I've been saying this all year: We have a full roster and there are guys who deserve opportunities. When you bring guys in, someone has to go. That's why these fights are so meaningful."

What a load of horsesh**. UFC, where its all about who can make Dana White the most money. I mean, ffs he keeps Chris Leben and Brandon Vera around?!?!

Man I hope GLORY starts putting together an MMA offshoot. Or maybe they can pool their resources with WSoF and One FC.

UFC 166 tomoz WHAT A CARD

My picks

Dodson over Montague
Gonzaga over Jordan
Melendez over Sanchez
Cormier over Nelson
Velasquez over Dos Santos

yea I say nate will win a long will with gonzaga not so sure about George over KJ

Back
Top Bottom