UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

Yeah mate, he looks great for 21! It's just Hall's speed which sets himapart. Andrews has plenty of experience but he was getting hit before he blinked, and the last bloke to charge Hall got his eye socket ruined (Bubba) - made it real tough for Dylan. I hope Kelvin gives him a good fight but I just think hall's got the mind now to go with his physical attributes...

Great news for Andrews - Quinlan was chopped liver....There were some great fights. Women's fight was pure grit from Zagano, terrific win. Gastelum showed more will than Hall and caused the upset. Other tug contestants put on a great show too...

Anyone watch UFC on Fox from the weekend?

I missed the Facebook Prelims, apparently some good fights among them! The main card was pretty cool. Up and coming UFC debutante in Cormier, taking Mir to the judges and winning on points (30-27 unanimously). Good to see that Mir didnt get KOd, dude looked in great shape, but Cormier way too strong in the clinch.

Nate Diaz getting knocked the F@#$ OUT was insane. Dude's got a head like a wall, and can take a lot of knocks, but that head-kick from Thompson was brutal! First time that Diaz has been STOPPED! Yep, FIRST DAMN TIME! Like I said, a head like a wall!

I was glad that Benson Henderson retained his belt, never a fan of UFC debutantes coming in for a title shot and taking a win. Sure Melendez has a great track record, but he needs to prove a bit more (IMO) in the UFC.

Really?

Heading into this fight Melendez was 21-2, never KO'ed, never submitted, against some of the top lightweights in MMA. He hadn't lost since 2008, and both of his losses he avenged. And all that with a forward moving aggressive style.

What more did he have to prove?

Don't forget this was also a title unification with the Strikeforce strap.

I think taking Benson to a split decision, in what many called the closest title fight in years, showed he was more than worthy of the fight.

Hey strangers. :)

Who's watching 159 live?

My picks, at least for who I want to win, but not necessarily who I think will win -

Healy def Miller
Davis def Magalhaes
Nelson def Kongo
Belcher def Bisping (please god, please)
Sonnen def Jones

Oh and I have a whole bunch of Topps UFC Finest to sell. I'll sort it out and post it at some point... (slack bastard)

Not watching it, but just checked a pbp, nice work from Caraway to get the win on 6 days notice.

And surely that's gotta be Garcia's last life now. He's 2-6-1 in the last two years and both wins were split decisions.

What a weird night. Jones only realises he broke his foot when he's talking to Joe post-match. Two technical decisions. Even had a midget ref.

Yep, I have no idea how bigfoot got a chance at that anyhow.
Hunt fight had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Did anyone see the fight where all the blood got on the canvas?

Back
Top Bottom