Baseball MLB: Tigers vs. Mariners 9/7/07

sigman101

OzCardTrader
Real Name
N
Yesterday I made the drive over to Comerica for what will be my only other MLB game I will graph at for this year. I was very fortunate to be able to fit another MLB game in. Luckily my friend talked me into going and doing my own routein again on my own here. Finally when I got up there around 2pm, about 5-6 players from each team were already in which I was surprised about since that the collectors there told me that it was unusual for anyone to be in that early. I was also suprised to hear that this is one of the more difficult teams to do in baseball and they rank up there with the Yankees and Red Sox. It was not one of my best days for autos but it was a day of autos I really could not complain at all about. Here are the results of another 10-12 hour day waiting outiside of Comerica then inside Comerica then outside of Comerica post game:

MLB: Detroit Tigers vs. Seattle Mariners 9/7/07

Mariners

Ryan Feierabend 2 cards (1 of them is not mine.)
Felix Hernandez 1 card!!! (Was really shocked to get this one!!! Inside at Comerica pre game he did at least 20-30 autos. When I saw him signing baseballs, he was side paneling them and I did not see him Sweet Spot a baseball at all. I heard this guy was much harder to get in the past but he's changed I guess.)
Adam Jones 2 cards
Brandon Morrow 2 cards
Horacio Ramirez 2 cards (1 of them is not mine.)
George Sherrill 2 cards, 1 Sweet Spot Frontier League baseball (Had a great chat with this guy. Coming into Comerica, got him on the 2 cards right away as I was the only one out there that recognized him. Luckily I did my research on this guy as finally once inside Comerica I showed him the Frontier League baseball for him to sign and he laughed when I showed him what baseball it was. He talked about his career at that level with me for a couple minutes. In my personal opinion he is probably the nicest guy on the Mariners to get which I think would pertain to his days from being in the Frontier League. I was glad to run into this guy. If it weren't for my interest in the Beach Bums and the FL, I would of never have known who he was or where he came from.)
Ryan Rowland-Smith 1 team roster sheet
Sean White 1 card, 1 team roster sheet

That is all autograph wise I got from Seattle.

Tigers

Sean Casey 2 cards (Finally ran into this guy!!!)
Jason Grilli 2 cards (See above as Sean.)
Bobby Seay 2 cards (1 of them is not mine.)

That is all I got autograph wise from Detroit.

As for the Mariners, they are one of the more difficult teams I have ran into doing baseball autos. Despite those results, I was told no more times from more players on a team then yes or sure. When they did sign, no one said yes or sure and they did in a quiet and difficult way. I still did well despite their poor attitudes well from most of them the ONLY EXCEPTION being former Frontier League player George Sherrill.

As for Ichiro; once we were inside and all that, we saw him warming up near the right field side. Once he was done warming up it looked like he was going to come over but once half way he ran to the right and all the way right into the dugout and did not come out again until game time.

On the Tigers side, I was told the story that Maybin and Verlander signed a ton inside Comerica back on Thursday. They signed from the dugout all the way down to the left field foul pole. Of course the days the top players decide to go on signing splurges I am never around. It was expected though as I don't come to that park very often giving how difficult MLB players are to get.

Another big bonus for this game besides getting Felix was a 7 year old kid walked up to me with something I been soughting after from the few MLB games I have gone to over the past 8 years. Here is how this conversation went:

7 year old kid: (As he starts walking up to me) "Here you can have this."
Me: "Are you dead serious???"
7 year old kids dad: "He wants to give it to you; its alittle wet but that is yours."
Me: "Wow thanks and God bless!!!"

Yup you guessed it; I finally get my first OMLB BASEBALL from a team practicing and playing catch pre game!!! It finally happens for me. I can say now that I have gotten a baseball at all 4 levels of baseball I have done autographs at!!! This has truly been my best year ever of graphing 4 levels of baseball for at least one game!!! That is all I have to share for this final baseball game of the year for me. Thanks alot for looking!!!

Back
Top Bottom