MJ no longer coming to Melbourne....

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
From the Herald Sun website -

NBA legend Michael Jordan has pulled out of his role as Captain's Assistant for the US team at the Presidents Cup at Royal Melbourne later this month.

He has been replaced by 11-time PGA Tour winner John Cook, who will a serve alongside Jay Haas as an assistant to captain Fred Couples.

Cook will also play in the Australian Open at The Lakes in Sydney in the week prior to the Presidents Cup.

Jordan will be unable to attend because of his responsibilities as majority owner of the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats and is involved in the four-month lockut.

In announcing Cook's appointment, Couples said: `John has been a friend of mine since we broke in together on the PGA TOUR in the early 1980s.

"Having achieved success at the highest levels in the golf world, I value his opinion greatly.'

Both John and Jay will provide tremendous support for myself and the United States Team in the upcoming matches at Royal Melbourne.

Cook said: "I'm thrilled Freddie has asked me. Jay has told me on several occasions that his 2009 Presidents Cup experience was one of his career highlights, and that meant a lot to me in making my decision.
"I'm looking forward to the challenge of helping the team retain the Cup."

Believe it or not, these blokes are actually allowed to make decisions like these. They owe us f**k-all, but once again it's not good enough for some :rolleyes:

I know one ex ozcards member who had booked tickets to go see his royal airness in Melbourne and that has no interest in Golf will be shattered!

What a shame!

I was already going to the event and when MJ was coming, it was the best news ever. Now that he's not, I'm utterly disappointed, but still going, because I wanted to see Tiger. Still sucks though, but at least I don't have to carry an MJ card around each day.

Back
Top Bottom