MJ 1/1 SPGU Logoman

He's a member on the US site Sports card Forum and he has made no mention of this card over there.

Nice card, but has anyone seen this great bargain on ebay?
Item number: 140378450223

lol...I have emailed this guy like 4 times requesting a picture of the back of the card...No response whatsoever. That seems a little fishy.

Also why is it The exquisite Gold logoman of Jordan looks different than this SP gold logoman....?

lol...I have emailed this guy like 4 times requesting a picture of the back of the card...No response whatsoever. That seems a little fishy.

Also why is it The exquisite Gold logoman of Jordan looks different than this SP gold logoman....?

The thing is that this previous member is a huge Jordan collector and there is no way that if he owned this card that he would be selling it. Its probably why he cant provide you a scan of the back as its probable that he doesnt actually own it. HK gave him many opportunities to prove ownership and I dont believe he could, hence why he was banned.

As for the Logomen difference, I saw an auction for a game worm Jersey and Shorts from John Stockton worn during the 96/97 season which featured the Gold logomen.

The scans were very clear in showing that the shorts had the gold logoman like the Exquisite card, and the Jersey had the Logoman (with background stitching) like the SPGU card.

If I can find the photos of the auction you would see what I mean.

Cheers
Matt

Yes, I would like to see those photos...

So you think this auction is a scam?

Well if he doesn't own it, which is more than likely, then yes. It is quite simple to prove ownership of it, so it's looking like a scam.

On the seller of the Jordan, he could prove its his simply by taking a photo of it with his user name and date on a piece of paper beside the card. He does that and we can believe its his.

Here are the pictures of the Stockton...these were sold on Grey Flannel a while ago.

You can see on the Jersey that the Logoman has a slightly different colour inside of the Logoman than compared to the shorts logoman. This leads me to believe the SPGU Jordan Gold Logo is from his jersey, and the Exquisite card is from his shorts.

Cheers
Matt

Stockton Jersey.JPG

Stockton Shorts.JPG

What I don't get is why isn't the rest of the card collecting community issued a red-flag on this auction by the mods at HK since they've concluded their investigation?

Ahhh I see Matt26. You are correct. The fabric is different on the shorts logoman.

Update...Just finally got a reply from this seller. I was requesting a photo of the back of the card. His reply was that his computer is broke and couldnt send me a scan but If I wanted to look at it in Sydney I could...lol.

I guess Ill hop on a plane tomorrow morning and fly all the way over from United States to see the back of the card.

Ahhh I see Matt26. You are correct. The fabric is different on the shorts logoman.

Update...Just finally got a reply from this seller. I was requesting a photo of the back of the card. His reply was that his computer is broke and couldnt send me a scan but If I wanted to look at it in Sydney I could...lol.

I guess Ill hop on a plane tomorrow morning and fly all the way over from United States to see the back of the card.

His scanner decided to break down at a real opportunistic time. No camera phone? No digital camera? jordan23 is officially the biggest ****er in the history of sports collecting.

Well I would be happy to go and inspect the card for you in person. Im in Sydney....get him to name a time and date over the weekend and ill gladly check it out.

Honestly, for a potential sale of a few thousand dollars, you can go to BIG W and buy a cheap Canon Scanner for $70 and scan that baby straight away.

If I knew I could make a huge return on that $70, wouldnt you do it?

Cheers
Matt

Well folks...There is one way. If we all believe this is really a scam, then there is a link on that ebay page to report the item as counterfit.

That won't do ****. You don't get to give an explanation when you do that, you just report it and leave it up to them to investigate. Of course when they won't know any of the story (plus it will make them a HUGE amount on fees) nothing at all will happen...

Maybe if we could get on to live chat then we could get somewhere, but they won't tell you anything...

Back
Top Bottom