Might be getting scammed (ebay lol)

tcorbal

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Phil
eBay User
tcorbal
Hey guys, I thought this may happen to me eventually on ebay, I recently sold a very nice Kobe auto on ebay and posted it to a guy in China. I posted express and was told by the guy at the post office that it had tracking etc (tracking was my main concern) but after it was posted I noticed that apparently the express service I used isn't trackable. I explained this to the seller and waited. Now I have received a message that he still hasn't received it (13 days later). I also noticed that one of his positive feedbacks says "Use tracking on this guy" I sent the seller who left that feedback a message and he replied saying that the buyer said he never received his card either. So anyway this is where I'm at, I know there's not much help for the seller in these situations but I did send it to the address on the paypal receipt/transaction and still have the receipt and express number that is apparently not trackable.
Anyone else had a similar situation happen to them?? Am I screwed or will paypal have my back??

unless you use some sort of registered post where he has to physically sign it your screwed!!Even Express post tracking is not sufficient in Australia for paypal.

Yes but a while ago. Someone scammed me out of a John Stockton and David Robinson 2004/05 or 2005/06 Exquisite Auto Patches.

With this time of year being a busy time to send overseas, 13 days is not all that long and the card may still be on its way.

When you sent the card were you given a tracking number as international registered can not be tracked on line but if you contact your post office i believe they can track the item for you.

Hey guys, I thought this may happen to me eventually on ebay, I recently sold a very nice Kobe auto on ebay and posted it to a guy in China. I posted express and was told by the guy at the post office that it had tracking etc (tracking was my main concern) but after it was posted I noticed that apparently the express service I used isn't trackable. I explained this to the seller and waited. Now I have received a message that he still hasn't received it (13 days later). I also noticed that one of his positive feedbacks says "Use tracking on this guy" I sent the seller who left that feedback a message and he replied saying that the buyer said he never received his card either. So anyway this is where I'm at, I know there's not much help for the seller in these situations but I did send it to the address on the paypal receipt/transaction and still have the receipt and express number that is apparently not trackable.
Anyone else had a similar situation happen to them?? Am I screwed or will paypal have my back??

Assuming you meant you explained it to the buyer...

When you bought the express package from the Post Office, did you ask the clerk to scan the tracking in? Chances are they didnt, and you can't track it anyways, but as a couple others mentioned, Express Tracking may not be enough to cover your arse. You might be left out of pocket heading into Christmas Phil, sorry to say.

Wait a little longer, and see what happens.

Assuming you meant you explained it to the buyer...

When you bought the express package from the Post Office, did you ask the clerk to scan the tracking in? Chances are they didnt, and you can't track it anyways, but as a couple others mentioned, Express Tracking may not be enough to cover your arse. You might be left out of pocket heading into Christmas Phil, sorry to say.

Wait a little longer, and see what happens.
Yeah I did mean buyer, cheers

Mate i think it might be the time of year, i sent about 10 days ago registered express which is generally 7 days and have noticed it has been stuck at u/s customs for 5 days. It cost me $79 with insurance, i would say its just christmas time and taking a while.
Did you send using express document? Have you tried using your tracking number through chinese postal track? It might show up on there system if your lucky.

Mate i think it might be the time of year, i sent about 10 days ago registered express which is generally 7 days and have noticed it has been stuck at u/s customs for 5 days. It cost me $79 with insurance, i would say its just christmas time and taking a while.
Did you send using express document? Have you tried using your tracking number through chinese postal track? It might show up on there system if your lucky.
cheers mate, will give it a go

Never sell to Asia, only times I have ever been scammed was to China and HK.

yeah contact the post office they should be able to follow up for you but being time of the year will take up to 21 days to arrive.

Good luck mate hope it works out for you.

Never sell to Asia, only times I have ever been scammed was to China and HK.

yeah contact the post office they should be able to follow up for you but being time of the year will take up to 21 days to arrive.

Good luck mate hope it works out for you.

I have to say your are correct , I never sell to China anymore as every thing there mysteriously disappears :cautious: .

Not much you can do, unless you see him list it or comes up on ebay within a few days while dispute process in going, and you can appeal the decision.

Ive had the same thing happen to me.

you can send to China using 'cheap' mail service, however you must able to write their address in Chinese writings..
since most of their PO officers do not read English letters very well..

l always send with delivery confirmation...good way to cover your arse...maybe film yourself at the post office packing it all up, and talking to the staff member, and filming the receipt....

Back
Top Bottom