Michael Jordan Fake?

TrusttheProcess

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Kevin
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-jor..._Basketball&hash=item35bbde98f4#ht_500wt_1377

This Jordan just went on ebay today and I'm not sure if this is a real game used patch or if this is a fake. So I'm just wondering what do other people think.

Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 5.36.30 PM.png

If it's from 09-10 Exquisite, then there's a chance that it's real. Seen plenty of logos in that set, and I can't see why any sane person would ruin a nice MJ like that!

I'm not convinced it's legit then. Haven't seen many team logos used that set. I have seen a few fakes from there too. Still makes me question why fake such a hard to get card!

I would do a search on worthpoint.com to see if you can find any history on this card.

I would strongly suggest the patch is fake.

Cheers
Matt

Yeah I've only seen letter patches and piping from that set, why would a perfectly positioned Bulls head suddenly be discovered when every single other one just has a regular patch. Did the jersey that they used have Bulls logos on it anyway?
I'd say that's fake, but when people are bidding over $4000 on an almost certainly fake 97-98 game jersey with partial logoman, stupid people throw money at anything - which is why people continue to fake patches.

*edit - sold on ebay in 2007 - http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/2003-exquisite-coll-exq-patches-michael-jordan-au

Absolutely a fake imo!
Majority of the MJ's from this set were the elastic piping off the jerseys, im even reluctant to call letter patches real on the MJ's in this set.

@ ozballer its from 03/04

I think it could be real. Because why would somebody be dumb enough to cut open a 03/04 exquisite MJ jsy auto.
Remember these were selling for only $500-700 a year or 2 ago so the patch (if it was real) would have a huge premium. The cards aren't cut open either its a simple pull the old patch and replace with better patch.

I would do a search on worthpoint.com to see if you can find any history on this card.

I would strongly suggest the patch is fake.

Cheers
Matt

Sorry to go OT, but thanks for the link. Just did a search and found 3 of my Harris Premo Patches on there, lol.

Back on topic, yeah it's hard to say. Given that the patch is pretty much in perfect position, I'd be very much on the "iffy" side of things with this one.

It's a shame that someone would devalue a card like that, it DOES still contain MJ's ink, but the patch itself is null and/or void IMO.

Sorry to go OT, but thanks for the link. Just did a search and found 3 of my Harris Premo Patches on there, lol.

Back on topic, yeah it's hard to say. Given that the patch is pretty much in perfect position, I'd be very much on the "iffy" side of things with this one.

It's a shame that someone would devalue a card like that, it DOES still contain MJ's ink, but the patch itself is null and/or void IMO.

Welcome back Scotty! You still chasing Harris?

For what it's worth, here's a card I own from that same subset... Have never seen a logo on them!

Card04102010_00004.jpg

It's up to $2025. This is crazy I'm just confused about the whole " purchased in 2006 and stored in a vault" but yet it sold in 2007? Doesn't make sense. Has beckett or anyone figured out a way to detect fake patches yet?

It's up to $2025. This is crazy I'm just confused about the whole "purchased in 2006 and stored in a vault" but yet it sold in 2007? Doesn't make sense. Has beckett or anyone figured out a way to detect fake patches yet?

Beckett have come out on numerous ocassions and say that they grade the card and not the patch... the way we would know is if UD kept a record and scan of every card they put out into circulation.

Back
Top Bottom