Memorabilia cards.....is this a stretch or what?

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
I was having a look at R&B21's website and came across this card which was pulled at one of their stores.

b531.jpg

It got me thinking, how much of a stretch is it to associate the material on this card with the person featured on the card?

This card is a Pope John Paul II card which features a piece of the wall from Yankee stadium.

Now I know PJP2 never hit a home run there so im guessing he may have spoken or visited the stadium once in his life, but isn't the whole point of memorabilia cards to get you as close to the athlete as possible?

The odds of PJP2 actually having been in contact with this wall are about the same as me walking on the moon?

Does this link between the person and the material seem a bit silly?

Your thoughts?

Cheers
Matt

yeh matty agreed mate... this isnt the only instance where this is the case

the card companies are trying to come up with as much variety as they can to ensure collectors arent bored... having said that, they shouldnt be trying to pull the wool over our eyes with examples like this

Well, that is a bit stretch if you ask me. Though, i can't really comment, as I do not know "for sure" like many others on here, whether he did lean on the wall, hang something on there, bless the wall, whom knows. Maybe he did, and it's actually more special that what us people think?

it's terrible.... might give people wrong ideas that the Catholics are corrupted like the old times.

Back
Top Bottom