McGrath Mailday!

Richo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
Richo75
A few of you may have read a post of mine from November 2009 when I wrote about the International Cricket Challenge I umpired called IDCC.

Anyways in that carnival we collected MANY fines, donations and some money from auctions which all went to the McGrath Foundation, in the end we donated a total of $17,610.50 :thumbsup: Apart from the odd fine I copped I also purchased two items from the auctions and they were both cricket stumps used in the carnival (See pics below).

tn_20091126ran8094997_1883_2_DRN.jpg
tn_20091126ran8094997_2358_2_DRN.jpg
tn_20091126ran8094997_3354_2_DRN.jpg

The stumps were quite unique in that they were pink and had the McGrath Foundation stickers on them. Anyways, one of the main people who organised the McGrath Foundation being part of the carnival was kind enough to assist in getting one of those stumps signed for me, and here it is:

P1010232.JPG

A BIG thanks to VB for doing this for me, I've only mentioned his nickname as he may want to remain anonymous.

Cheers

P1010232.JPG

That's so cool!!! Except what you mean by fines...?

The Carnival lasts two weeks and players & officials all gather for a feed, social drink and a game summary each evening. During this gathering dropped catches, ducks, not-going-on-with-it, stupid sledges, lost property etc etc etc all ensure a fine for the infringing member.......the bigger blunders can cost a pinapple!

Well done Richo. I am totally jealous

regards Russell

Cheers mate, I like the auto in your avtar :)

---------- Post added 16-06-2010 at 09:44 PM ----------

Very, very nice..........well done.

Sweet as eh! Cheers :)

---------- Post added 16-06-2010 at 09:45 PM ----------

Will pink match the color scheme in your den Rich?.

Ummm - No (lol) but it will certainly standout when I get it framed.

---------- Post added 16-06-2010 at 09:45 PM ----------

So nice, you shoud get a frame for them!

I hope to mate :)

Awesome mate, glad to see you get it back signed! Will sit nice alongside your 05 framed goodies:D

Nice addition Richo, very good effort to get it signed!

It was! I am VERY appreciative of VB's efforts and of Glenn for obliging.

---------- Post added 17-06-2010 at 08:27 PM ----------

Awesome mate, glad to see you get it back signed! Will sit nice alongside your 05 framed goodies:D

Yeah when the bills stop piling up I'll get it framed for sure :)
Also saving for the US holiday so a little tight at the moment......still spashing out on the odd card purchase though :lol:

Nice mate very nice:) We went to the game at Manuka when the defence forces team took on the masters. Was a good afternoon and got a few signed cards while we where there too. I think they where using pink stumps in that game too. Where u at that game???

Yeah mate that was the Twenty20 Game, I was the 3rd umpire & scorer!

That game was a all the "selected" (Best players) from the International Defence sides v Cricket Australia Masters (Bevan, Matthews, Holdsworth, Boof etc).

BOTH my stumps are from that game :D

Cool mate They are a nice item for your collection for sure. Bet you had a great few weeks:).

ooh ahh Glenn Mcgrath was at the raiders game last night:) He kindly signed a few cards for us :) Will post some pics up in a couple of days

Anyone out there able to direct me to a place that I can get a case or cabinet to display these stumps?

Someone told me Kingsgrove Sports have them but I looked online and could only find cases for bats.

Any help would be appreciated as i don't want these stumps sitting in my cupboard anymore!

Back
Top Bottom