Maybe i should have asked this question here.

$*Bulls*$

Banned User
Real Name
Phillip
Can you tell me why you ended the first auction early?
91-92 UD LOCKER SERIES 1 NBA FACTORY SEALED HOBBY BOX - eBay Lots, Trading Cards, Basketball, Sport. (end time 09-Mar-08 21:34:20 AEDST)
Was it because it had no bids and you were scared it would go for 99c?
I think its odd that you let the auction go for how ever many days and then end it 26 minutes before its scheduled to end using the excuse The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount. Wouldnt you have ended it sooner than that if there was an error in the listing?
What does everyone else think?

Just my opinion, irregardless of why he ended it, its his auction and he can do as he pleases. Also these sort of issues should be dealt with privately (you should of pm'd him instead of creating this thread as westriot has around 1800 posts and 87 feedback at 100% on ozcards.

Can you tell me why you ended the first auction early?
91-92 UD LOCKER SERIES 1 NBA FACTORY SEALED HOBBY BOX - eBay Lots, Trading Cards, Basketball, Sport. (end time 09-Mar-08 21:34:20 AEDST)
Was it because it had no bids and you were scared it would go for 99c?
I think its odd that you let the auction go for how ever many days and then end it 26 minutes before its scheduled to end using the excuse The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount. Wouldnt you have ended it sooner than that if there was an error in the listing?
What does everyone else think?

Hi Mate,

This issue was raised before.

Who cares if he wants to end it on the first hour or the last minute. Please dont take away from anyone their rights to not sell something if they are going to lose money. Keep in mind, people sell to make money. Try to put yourself on his shoes.

Regards,
Alf

Hi Mate,

This issue was raised before.

Who cares if he wants to end it on the first hour or the last minute. Please dont take away from anyone their rights to not sell something if they are going to lose money. Keep in mind, people sell to make money. Try to put yourself on his shoes.

Regards,
Alf

Alf, I didnt mean to sound judgemental i was just wondering what others thought as it seemed odd to me and i thought it was against the ebay rules.
thanks for your thoughts

Alf, I didnt mean to sound judgemental i was just wondering what others thought as it seemed odd to me and i thought it was against the ebay rules.
thanks for your thoughts

Its alrite...

I dont think ending your listing is against ebays rules. If you try to end your listing, you will get this message "Enter the item number below and click Continue to start the process of ending your listing early. However, you may lose potential buyers by ending your listing early - many bidders wait until the last minute to bid. "

Plus ebay wouldnt mind that because the seller would have been charge already for the listing fee. Imagine if a million items (50c listing fee ea) were ended early by sellers in one go, do you think ebay will mind? Thats $500.000 in their pocket just like that. :D

Yeah, there is no reason not to end an auction with no bids at any stage...if there was even one bid at the minimum value then it would be against ebay rules to end the auction in the last 12 hours. So, you can only blame yourself for not putting in a bid earlier, can't blame the seller in this case.

Yup and this is an eBay issue and not an issue with this site regardless of the seller being a member here. Next time an message to the seller directly if you have a beef is the best way to go about it.

Gary, i didnt realise were allowed to do that, my appologies.
I know your a trusted seller as i have heard only good things about you.

Back
Top Bottom