WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
After completing the 24-7 Next feature, I decided to start an Association with my created player on the roster (Bernard "Skills" Robinson is on the Reserve List for the Knicks and does not play).

I selected the Mavs (naturally).

Also didnt realise, but after completing 24-7 Next, you have to re-do ALL the Rosters from scratch if you want to get them up to date... OUCH. That was a task and a half!

Anyways, Only averaging about 4-5 mins with created player, don't wish to use them as a "Game Breaker". Just another player.

Settings:
AI = HOF
Minutes = 5 (simulated at 6 mins)
Sliders = 50 ALL (default)
Rules:
Goaltending= OFF (I just hate getting a great block and being called for goaltending - also allows the PC to do the same, which it happens).

Game Scores to follow....

Game 1 VS Kings - 7th September, 2007
Win 79 - 57

Had to check that it was HOF with default sliders, just couldnt believe I won by 22 points.

Game Notes:

HOME
Dirk lead all scores with 23, and added 5 boards, 3 dimes & 2 steals
Dampier & Diop both huge with 7 boards & 2 blocks each
J-Ho scored 16 points
Harris added 12 points, 8 dimes & 1 steal

AWAY
Bibby lead the Kings with 20 points, 8 dimes and 4 steals.
Brad Miller added 8 points, 8 boards, 2 dimes & 1 block shot.
Kev Martin had great all around game with 6 points, 2 boards, 4 dimes & 4 steals.

Season Record:
1-0

nice job defeating the kings. is that your highest winning margin on HOF? mines 40 something lol.

Game 2 VS Grizzlies - 8th September, 2007
Loss 65-63

Too close all the way, 3 really bad TOs late in the 4th cost the Mavs the game.

Game Notes:

HOME
Dirk lead the Mavs with 16 points, 5 boards, 4 dimes, 2 steals & 2 blocks
Devin Harris added 16 points, 3 dimes & 3 steals. Also 5 TOs
Jet Terry had 14 points & 6 dimes

AWAY
Rudy Gay was outstanding with 20 points (10/11 FGs)
Damon Stoudamire had 5 points, and a huge 12 dimes!
Mike Miller added 17 points on 8/12 shooting (1/1 3PT)
Pau Gasol was great with 13 points & 7 boards

Season Record:
1-1

nice job defeating the kings. is that your highest winning margin on HOF? mines 40 something lol.

I used to tweak the sliders to make the computer more realistic, missing their 3s, unless it was a shooter. Used to average wins/losses under 10 or so points.

5 mins is the best setting.

Game 3 @ Magic - 8th September, 2007
Loss 83-65

Started strong with first play being a 4-point play with Dirk hitting a triple and drawing the foul from Rashad Lewis. Lead by 8 at the first break. Went down hill from there.

Game Notes:

HOME
Rashad Lewis was a monster dropping 26 points (8/9 FG, 3/3 3PT & 7/8 FT)and pulling 9 boards.
Redick was scorching hot adding 22 points on 9/14 shooting, and 4/5 from outside.
Nelson played floor general with 14 points and 9 dimes.
Dwight had a near Double-Double with 9 points and 9 boards

AWAY
Josh Howard lead the Mavs with 18 points, his highest scoring effort for the Season.
Dirk added 14 points
Harris had a fantastic game with 11 points, 10 dimes and 5 steals.

Season Record:
1-2

Game 4 @ Heat - 9th September, 2007
Loss 83-57

Well wasnt this one fun... NOT!!!
From the Start, Shaq tore down the rim, and drew fouls from all directions.
Jason Williams was huge, and Wade did his thing. Big Zo even had a decent chunk of the action.

In an afternoon of poor shooting, the Mavs were left SPANKED on this one!

Game Notes:

Miami out rebounded the Mavs 32-12!!
Miami lead Fast Break Points 20-4!!
Miami lead 2nd Chance Points 14-0!!

HOME
Jason Williams lead Miami with 21 points, and 11 dimes, even added 3 steals.
Shaq had 13 points, in 13 minutes. The Big Diesel even took pleasure in ripping 12 boards (4 offensive).
Wade added 17 points, 4 boards and 3 dimes
Zo was another huge helper for the Heat as he finished with 12 points, 5 boards (3 off), 1 steal and 2 block shots.

AWAY
Josh Howard had 13 for Dallas, a very dismal performance with 5/14 and 1/5 from outside.
Dirk added 13 points also, with 2 rebounds in very limited minutes after picking up 4 early fouls.
Harris finished with 10 points and 8 dimes, along with 2 steals.
Godfrey saw his first decent run on the floor, and finished with 5 points (1/2 3PT), 2 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 steals.

Season Record:
1-3

During the Training Session after the Loss to Miami, Jerry Stackhouse suffers a broken ankle (out 42 days). This will be a huge loss for the Mavericks. They now look to Rookie Scott Godfrey to backup Josh Howard.

Devean George is activated from Reserves.

Game 5 VS Knicks - 9th September, 2007
Loss 71-62

The Mavs return home and disappoint their home crowd.
Down by as many as 20 going into the 4th, the Mavs sparked a come back, with back to back triples, but Bernard Rogers and Q-Rich shot the lights out as the Knicks got the W on the road in Dallas.

Game Notes:

HOME
Dirk had 20 points & 5 rebounds.
Jet Terry added 17 on 6/11 shooting.
J-Ho was a defensive machine with 9 points, 2 rebounds, 3 dimes and 4 steals.
Harris had 3 points and 6 dimes.

AWAY
Q-Rich lead the Knicks to victory with 16 points
Bernard Rogers added 15 points and 3 boards.
Ed Curry crashed the boards and finished with 11 rebounds and 6 points.
Marbury added 9 points and 9 dimes, with 2 steals.

Season Record:
1-4

Surely the Mavericks' Head Office will have looks of concerns on their faces after 3 straight losses. Something the Mavericks haven't done in quite some time.

Watch this space as they may be working a deal with a couple of teams.

Game 6 VS Blazers - 9th September, 2007
Win 66-53

After a disappointing 3 straight losses, the Mavs went into this game with a lot of expectations.
Opened the game slowly, and scores even at frist break. At half time, Mavs found themselves up by 1 with a buzzer-beating triple from Jet Terry. Mavs blew open the 3rd out scoring the Blazers 3 - 16. The Blazers couldnt keep pace thereafter. Losing by 13.

Game Notes:

HOME
Dirk 11 3rd quarter points, finishing with 21, 4 boards and 1 block.
Jet Terry added 13
Rookie Godfrey had 11 points on 4/4 shooting.
J-Ho added 10 points and made 4 steals.
Harris had a low scoring night with only 3 but dished out season high 11 dimes, and recorded 5 steals.

AWAY
Rookie Brandon Roy had 14 points, 3 rebounds and 3 dimes
Channing Frye added 10, and pulled down 5 boards
Juan Dixon scored 6 points, and had 9 assists.

Season Record:
2-4

The Mavericks are still unsure if a trade will benefit them any more after this win, but they will comment that they need help in the paint. They're big men just aren't crashing the boards like they used to.

Game 7 VS Rockets - 9th September, 2007
Loss 83-74

With what started as a full on arse kicking, with Mike James, Stevie Franchise, T-Mac, Bonzi Wells and Maciej Lampe (yep, him!) the Mavs looked in DEEEEEEEEP SHIT!

A late 4th quarter splurge was enough to bring them within 9 before the siren sounded. Yet another home loss.

Game Notes:

Mavs 10/25 3PT
Rockets shooting 65.9% FG

HOME
Jet Terry lead the Mavs with 20 points, including 4x 3pointers in the 4th.
Godfrey had 16 including an incredible 4-point play.
Dirk added 14.
Harris had 9 points, 2 boards, 8 dimes and 3 steals

AWAY
Francis lead all scores with 18, to go with 4 boards, 5 dimes and 2 steals.
Bonzi added 13 points
T-Mac and Lampe both added 11 points
Mike James added 8 points, and dished out 10 assists.

Season Record:
2-5

The concerns are still there, and Front Office is starting to wonder if it's their Team Captain who is not up to par....... Perhaps the Dirkinator could be on the way out.

damn bra!

looks like you've picked up 2 wins, against 2 easy teams: Kings + Trailblazers, both with not that many options (Kings have Bibby though).

after game 1, the stats show that Dirk really struggled to find his shot, and maybe perimeter defense is an issue? because you seemed to be getting burnt a fair lot, i mean Rudy Gay going for 10/11 FG's in a whole game, JJ Redick 9/14?!

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

good luck in turning it around though, Dirk needs to be the constant DEMON in the middle of the offense, and D-Harris should keep doing his thing.

looks like you need a bit of help inside though, after being decimated by Miami on the glass and having Zo come off the bench for 12 and 2 blocks (just had to add that in)

hehe, all in the spirit of fun though, hope you can turn it around!!

edit - after looking at the games again, dude defense?! your getting like 60-70 points each game, and sometimes letting opposition teams drop 75+ on you. so far the players who have killed you bad: Q-Rich, Rashard, JJ, Rudy Gay, Jason Williams, Mike Bibby - all on the perimeter.

Thanks Jim!! :thumbsup:

I tend to run around a lot, not sticking to my man. Trying to intercept, steal, block and double team, and of course it leaves someone open.

For some reason, I just can't seem to be hitting mid-range jumpers with Dirk, it's either lay-ups, triples of charity shots.

First couple of games when defending with Harris, going for the steal was opening up the jumpers for the guards (Bibby, J-Will) and Gay, well that guy was litterally dunking all over me! I kid you not, Dampier/Diop and Dirk together with Howard, and he'd still get a dunk in.

I started the next game VS Pistons, and started getting hammered, and couldnt get my head into it, so I turned it off after the 1st. Pick it back up tomorra.

But yeah, inside..... I'm not winning with Dirk. Just can't get it to work. I was weighing up options, and almost had him off to San Antonio and Duncan heading to Phoenix with Amare/Nash coming in. But I couldnt make the Spurs happy.

I'll figure something out tomorra. Still early yet. It's funny, early games had the not so great people walking all over me, but some of the others, saw their stars not so great.

And what is it with the damn defenders, I can't seem to get an actual "lay-up" it's either a running jumper, or one of those shitty jump hooks, I mean, STOP STICKING TO ME!!!!!

Game 8 VS Pistons - 10th September, 2007
Win 66-62

Another hard win, the offensive threats the Pistons have, had the Mavs Men running in circles for the first half. 2nd half saw a different Mavs squad. Racking up blocks, after rebounds, after steals, after 3-point plays.

Game Notes:

Mavs out-scored the Pistons in the Paint 46-18
Mavs out-blocked Pistons 7-2
Pistons Big Men combined for 15 rebounds
Mavs Big Men combined for only 8

HOME
Harris lead all scores with 23, and dished out 10 assists. Shooting a massive 76.9% FG!
Jet & Dirk both added 12 points, Dirk adding to that 5 boards and 3 assists.
Diop & Dampier combined for 5 Blocks, but lacked on the boards (3).

AWAY
Rip Hamilton lead the Pistons with 19 points
Sheed Wallace added 15 points & 5 boards along with 1 dime and 2 steals
Billups finished with 7 points and 7 assists.

Season Record:
3-5

With the home win today, the Mavs look to be re-composing theirselves. Perhaps the early trade discussions have put a little scare throught the locker room.

Game 9 @ Hawks - 10th September, 2007
Loss 78-71

Started slow, but fought back, lead by as many as 10 at the half. Only to conceed 20 points in the 3rd, and be down by as many as 13 after the start of the 4th.

Fought back, but couldnt knock down the clinching shots towards the end.

Game Notes:

Mavs committed 18 Team Fouls.
Mavs out-blocked Hawks 5-0

HOME
Joe Johnson was a menace, finished with 26 points, 5 assits.
Speedy added 17 (11/14 FTs) & 7 assists.

AWAY
Jet Terry lead the Mavs in scoring with 19.
Dirk added 16 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists & 2 blocks.
Harris had another double double with 15 points, and 10 assists.

Season Record:
3-6

Still lacking the rebounding big men the Mavs need, they're weighing up a few options with possible trades.

Game 10 @ Nuggets - 10th September, 2007
Loss 74-65

Went basket for basket on this thriller in Denver, the Mavs were unable to make their shots fall in the 4th quarter, losing by 9.

Game Notes:

Mavs shot poorly from down town, making only 4/21 shots. (mostly desperation 3s in the the 4th).
Denver lead Assists 23-12

HOME
K-Mart lead the Nuggets with 20 points, and 5 boards
Anthony adde 15
Iverson added 13 points, 10 assists & 3 steals

AWAY
Devin Harris lead all scores with 26 points, 5 assists and 5 steals
Jet Terry was the only other Mav in double figures with 10

Season Record:
3-7

Unable to pull off a trade as yet, the Mavs are really struggling early on in the season.

Game 11 VS Bucks - 10th September, 2007
WIN 87-60

BLOWOUT win tonight!
In a game without Big Man Diop, the Mavs had their best defensive and offensive night this season. Knocking down the open treys, crashing the boards, and knocked down 66% of their shots.

Game Notes:

Mavs hit 8/17 Triples
Mavs out-blocked Bucks 10-3
Mavs out-scored Bucks in the Paint 49-22
Mavs out-scored Bucks in Fast Breaks 22-6

HOME
Harris lead the Mavs in scoring with 18, adding 11 assists and 5 steals!
Jet Terry added 16 points, knocking down 4/8 triples
J-Ho & Dirk added 14 a piece, Dirk adding 8 rebounds and a massive 5 blocked shots!
Eddie Jones added 11 off the bench knocking down 3/5 triples.

AWAY
Charlie V lead the Bucks with 19 points (lack of outside defence)
Mo Williams added 14 points and 7 dimes.

Season Record:
4-7

Mavs almost had trade done prior to this win, they came out 1 man short, and still put up the W. The San Antonio Spurs will surely push the Mavs next game...

Game 12 @ Spurs - 11th September, 2007
WIN 65-59

Spurs couldnt keep pace in this thriller in the West. Started the game well, but after some early foul trouble with Manu and Parker leaving in the 1st for quite a few minutes, the reserve guards couldnt maintain pace.

Crashing the boards, the Spurs stayed in it, only to be down by 11 at the main break.

Mavs held the lead despite many attempts to come back by the Spurs .

Game Notes:

Mavs hit 6/11 Triples
Spurs out-rebounded Mavs 22-10
Spurs notched up 13 Turnovers

HOME
Parker lead the Spurs with 14 points and 6 assits (also had 6 TOs)
Duncan added 10 points with 7 rebounds.
Horry also added 10 points, along with 5 rebounds.

AWAY
Dirk lead all scores with 20.
Harris had 14 points and 10 dimes, along with 3 steals.
Godfrey had another double-digit scoring, with 10 points on 4/4 shooting (2/2 3PT) - He's starting to shine a little.
Terry had a great game with 5 points, 6 assists and 4 steals.

Season Record:
5-7

Great win over Western Conference Rivals, the Mavs now face New Jersey in Dallas, in what could be a tough match up with 3 perenial All-Stars.

There's still great concern in Mavericks HQ as their 2 Centers are failing to crash the boards, costing the team valuable posessions.

Back
Top Bottom