Matty Johns Podcast

Episode #2 released yesterday. Another cracker with some great insight and hilarious stories.

Also, a bonus 35 minute podcast with Blocker discussing the Warren Ryan years at Balmain (88-90).

It was really good. Fifth and last is another good one and full credit to the boys is pretty funny

Give yourself a tripple.

I've been listening to this one for years, they know their footy. It's a long podcast almost 2 hours every week but that suits my commute from Central Coast to Sydney every Wednesday.

Cheers
Episode #2 released yesterday. Another cracker with some great insight and hilarious stories.

Also, a bonus 35 minute podcast with Blocker discussing the Warren Ryan years at Balmain (88-90).

Will get on this, thanks for the heads up.

Ross

Another great episode this week. Lots of really relevant chat about the upcoming games and plenty of cracking stories from yesteryear.

For those who love the history of Rugby League also, Matty mentions a book called 'The Forbidden Game''and it is in relation to the initial rise of the French Rugby League in the 30's before WW2. As the story goes, when Germany invaded France, those who were pro Nazi (Vichy French) were also high up in the Rugby Union Federation and had Rugby League banned. Apparently there are photos of Nazi soliders burning Rugby League jerseys etc. Anyway it survived by being played in a clandestine location in the South of France until post WW2 when it gained momentum and entered a really good era for FRL. They toured Britain and won and I think won two series in Australia.

It is written by Mike Rylance and I think I will have to grab a copy!

Matty Johns is going well.. 5th & Last is good as is TWIL (This Week In League) also noticed that Fletch has one now, not sure how much footy may be talked but could be some interesting yarns!

Anyone listen to last nights episode and now what card collector always hits him up for IPs and Greg Alexander.... what a crack up? Lol love how he said the effort the bloke goes to is unreal ha

I haven't heard it yet, I tend to be listening to them a week behind at the moment. Their tipping is atrocious when you already know the result and listen to it.

There is always a good laugh in every episode.

Ross

It's a great pub debate, your best Origin team for each state. I doubt any 2 supporters would come up with the same team.

I laughed how Matty was apologetic for not being a QLDer before reading out his team.

Cheers
Ross

Back
Top Bottom