Matt signs with Brisbane Roar

tss501

Section 118
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
tss501
My son has worked hard and has finally made it to a major stepping stone in his hopeful sporting career. He has signed with the Roar's youth league team and had a win in his first game. He has his profile listed on the Roar's youth league website. Have a look and let me know if you think he is only 16 and 4 months old.

He grows that stuff on his face faster than I can.

Re: Boy makes dad proud

thats great news mate! looks bigger and older than 16! Still in year 11? Well if he has any chance of making the aussie team he'll have to be in the top 5 or so australian goalkeepers. Best of luck to him!

Thats awesome Mike.

Geez, 16? Hes as tall as I am a built solid by the looks of the small pic.

Goalkeepers IMO have the toughest job on the whole team. Takes something else entirely to be a goal keeper.

Hope he goes far mate.

thats great stuff mate....congrats. Hope he rips it up and makes a name for himself. I can't wait for my kids to get to that age and start doing things!

That's fantastic, congratulations and good luck.

Perhaps we will one day be collecting his Rookie card....

Massive congrats :D:D:D

Keepers have long careers, patience is probably the biggest thing he will need to learn as some great goalkeepers have spent alot of time on the bench :thumbsup:.

Congratz to him and yourself great news mate I'm sure we will all watch his career carefully.....keep us informed.

Great stuff mate. Man he looks like you.

That's got to be the biggest insult i've read on this site !! :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats Mick, i'm sure it's not just all of his talent, but also the parents hard work and many $$ on equipment (you want how much for a pair of gloves?) and petrol driving him to and from training. Not to mention the countless hours watching games. Glad to see it is all paying off. Matt is very lucky to have parents who support his passion as much as you guys do.

That's awesome :D Hope the game went well on friday, unfortunately I couldn't make it. We could be looking at Australia's next Tim Cahill or Harry Kewell!

That's got to be the biggest insult i've read on this site !! :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats Mick, i'm sure it's not just all of his talent, but also the parents hard work and many $$ on equipment (you want how much for a pair of gloves?) and petrol driving him to and from training. Not to mention the countless hours watching games. Glad to see it is all paying off. Matt is very lucky to have parents who support his passion as much as you guys do.

ditto congrats to both of you. took a little while to find out but thats great news.

hopefully get around to watching him in action one day

great stuff mate what a champion i look forward to seeing him play in the years to come and who knows he may even make it to europe, thats when you can start raking in the cash haha

Just caught this thread, that's bloody awesome!!!

Youth League today, the World tomorrow.

Good luck with the hard work down the road, looks like it's been paying off, well done to all!!

Firstly thanks everyone.

hopefully get around to watching him in action one day

You can Colin, and anyone else in Brisbane. He will be playing a curtain-raiser to the Roar game in about 3 weeks I think. I will ring you and see if you want to come and watch. But it will be for 2 games and not the one as usual. S'pose you could go home after the wee lad has played.

The biggest sacrifice we have made was myself and our eldest son lived in Townsville whilst my wife and Matt moved to Brisbane to give him the opportunity towards his sport. It was only one year living apart. But it looks to be heading a little on the up side now. We are also looking at dual citizenship with a European country and if we get it another gap will have opened for us.

Back
Top Bottom