Matt Barnes re-signs with the Warriors for one year

lockymac

Graded Mint 10 by GEM!!!
Real Name
Lachlan
eBay User
lockymac
Coming off his best season as a professional whch included a outstanding performance in the playoffs, Matt Barnes was looking to cash in on his success. Unfortunately for Matt, many teams were worried that his success was due to playing for Don Nelson and his up-tempo system. After watching countless free agents sign contracts with teams that were also considering Barnes and firing his agent, Barnes re-signed with the Warriors.

Barnes signed a one year deal worth $3 million dollars with the Warriors on Monday. If Barnes can continue from where he left off last season he could play himself into a multi-year deal. From the Warriors perspective this is a good deal as they didn't have to give Barnes a multi-year deal. Barnes will primarily back-up Stephen Jackson at the small forward position and play some power forward when the Warriors go small.

Wowsers, only $3M?

Still, a great sign for ya Lock-Daddy-O!!

Barnes was unreal last season, and will provide the same punch if not harder this year!

Pistons wanted him apparently...Wonder what happened there, shame he woulda made a nice backup for Tayshaun

Wowsers, only $3M?

Still, a great sign for ya Lock-Daddy-O!!

Barnes was unreal last season, and will provide the same punch if not harder this year!

My thoughts exactly.

Not only is he a skillful player, he's one of the most energetic, hustling and intense players in the game.

All these guys who take years to get established, they treasure their time in the NBA more than anyone.

He's going to continue to be great.

Salary cap issues are very disappointing..

if Otis Smith is not so stupid enough, he can sign Lewis and Barnes together...

But 3M is what Warriors can pay max and if i am not mistaken, he got triple salary form last year.. :lol:

I think if he adds 10 more muscles to his system, i think he will be solid player..

Back
Top Bottom