Marvel Bronze Age

tangent

Nonsport - Comics/SciFi
Real Name
Jen
eBay User
tangentuk
I have 3 cases still to arrive (USPS managed to take two weeks to sort within the NY centre) but today my case arrived from a goofy deal six months ago.

Vision - Hernawan (EL) / Iron Man - Stefano (VL) / The Leader - Banks (EL)
??? - Jackman (EL) / Ghost Rider - ??? / Avengers cover - HDR (EL)
MBA%20case%201a.JPG

Nomad - Treece (EL) / Iceman - Nonato (L) / Yellow Jacket - Magno (L)
Oracle - Lee (L) / Storm - Allen (EL)
MBA%20case%201b.JPG

So I get to the last box. Nice break (favourite is the HDR Avengers) but nothing I particularly collect, and then I open the first pack and realise why the pack felt odd, all parallel cards. That's right, I got one of the mini archive boxes :kick: - here are the sketches.

Nomad and Punisher - Sumbing (EL) / Spider Woman - Kusbiantoro (L) / Cyclops - Majado (VL)
Spiderman (black) - Borgonos (VL) / Thing & Spiderman - Fodra (L)
MBA%20case%201c.JPG

The mini archive box had all the chase sets, which was great because the bronze cards didn't break properly in the rest of the case. I have to congratulate Rittenhouse on the parallel break though, the other 11 boxes in the case delivered a full set of 81.

I like the set. It's probably my last big Marvel buy though. Now that DC sets are being produced regularly, I will probably drop back to 1 case and only for specific releases.

Hey Jen nice break!! Congrats on the mini archive!!!
I believe the blue haired girl is Oracle and the green dude i think is The Leader(Pretty much a green Hector Hammond from memory)

Hey Jen nice break!! Congrats on the mini archive!!!
I believe the blue haired girl is Oracle and the green dude i think is The Leader(Pretty much a green Hector Hammond from memory)

Thanks updated. Hector Hammond is who I thought it might be!

Okay, lots of stuff arrived today. Here is my second case - I'm very happy with the break. Any ideas on artists or characters would be great.

Fontanez - Aurora / Texiera - Elektra / Chandler - cover recreation
Rodriguez - Kingpin / Bui - Nova / Acar - Capt America

MBA%20case%202a.JPG

Sumbing - Ghost Rider and Dr Strange / Magno - Hulk / Silva - Adam Warlock
Lagunsad - FF / Zapata - Man Wolf / Majado - Wolverine
MBA%20case%202b.JPG

Here's the sketches from the other boxes I have opened.

Foreman - Invisible Woman / Gonzalez - Cloak / Henneman - Thor
Morales - White Tiger / Kohse - Wolverine / Geneta - Iron Man
MBA%20case%203a.JPG

Antonio - Vision / San Juan - Iron Fist / HDR - cover recreation
Correa - Daredevil / Streb - Adam Warlock / Soloud - Binary
MBA%20case%204b.JPG

There's some fabulous sketches here. I have been wanting a Ghost Rider sketch and the Sumbing is excellent. I collect Daredevil and I really like the Silva Adam Warlock and the Lagunsad sneaks in as a team sketch. Of the ones I'm not keeping, the Texiera and the Streb really stand out as well as the cover recreations and the Geneta. It's also the first time I've ever pulled an Acar sketch.

Back
Top Bottom