Mark Harvey sacked & Ross Lyon to Fermantle!

I agree... I guess the chance of having Lyon meant they decided to blame Harvey for their injury woes or something. Feel bad for Harvey did the best he could in trying circumstances.

yep. just heard on afl teams.
some crazy deals are going on.
does that mean malthouse is going to demons next year????????

dissapointing of ross to walk out on the club, i'd like to see malthouse at saints for 3 years,harvs can do an apprenticeship with mick.
mick and milney burying the hatchet?

As much as i hate Harvey i feel sorry for the bloke.

There he was at the West Australian footy awards this morning, doing an interview about how freo are preparing for next season completely unknowing of what was to happen later in the day.

I think the saints should try get Mark Harvey as coach. I think he would bring a great style to our club and maybe get us playing the brand of football that We should be (Attacking). It would be fantastic for Mark and St Kilda if He could do something Lyon couldn't which is win us a premiership.

What gets me is Lyon had a great list when coming to St Kilda, and still couldn't win a premiership, Freo's list is no where near as good, We'll see just how great of a coach he really is, I still think Freo have stuffed up again royally, but hey isn't that normal?

ross lyon might be able to give freo one thing they have never had since they started, a game plan :lol:

saints need to use the next 3 years as a full rebuilding stage, game style & players,
and we'll be right back up there again, and who knows maybe even take one further step

Ross Lyon will get found out now he wasn't that great. He started coaching when Grant Thomas had done all the hard work getting such a good team. Since he took over our recruiting has been shocking. You can say We had a great team and didn't have the picks look at Geelong who they have managed to get even after winning 2 Premierships. He has a great win loss record Who cares We never won a premiership I would rather come last then 2nd and get some top players. The only reason he was so good is because of the work done before he took over. I honestly hope Robert Harvey doesn't coach I don't think it will work. If I was St Kilda I would go straight for Mark Harvey His heart is in coaching for sure I think he would bring St Kilda a game plan and to win a premiership with him would stick it straight up Lyon.

Ross Lyon will have a few trust issues to deal with I think.

He went behind his management's back to set up this deal.....if I was a Freo player I'd be questioning his integrity right now.

spot on mate. i personally think ross lyon and fremantle will work well together, because they are both back stabbing parasites!!!
also Ultimate TC is on the money, 90% of st kildas list came from grant thomas. lyon was handed a really good list and still couldnt bring it home. he will get found out in WA for sure.

Integrity aside, Ross Lyon has shown he is a good coach. Can argue that he didn't take them to a flag, but that talented list was underperforming until he took them to those grand finals. With a bit more luck (which you need to win a flag at times) he'd be a dual premiership coach. Instead he missed out by a kick twice, to two teams who would be regarded to have better playing groups than he had at St Kilda.

So good coach in my opinion, how good, we'll see now at a club with a losing culture, which it should be said historically St Kilda has also. Integrity wise, well it was a very poor way to go about changing clubs. Feel sorry for Harvey, didn't deserve to get the sack, let alone the way it happened.

Integrity aside, Ross Lyon has shown he is a good coach. Can argue that he didn't take them to a flag, but that talented list was underperforming until he took them to those grand finals. With a bit more luck (which you need to win a flag at times) he'd be a dual premiership coach. Instead he missed out by a kick twice, to two teams who would be regarded to have better playing groups than he had at St Kilda.

So good coach in my opinion, how good, we'll see now at a club with a losing culture, which it should be said historically St Kilda has also. Integrity wise, well it was a very poor way to go about changing clubs. Feel sorry for Harvey, didn't deserve to get the sack, let alone the way it happened.

but Thomas put together most of that group, Lyon just had to fill a gap or two and wait for them to mature. i wouldnt say they underperformed, just maybe they were a young list at the time and just needed a few seasons just like geelong and hawthorn just before those teams won premierships. a good list builds over a few seasons. maybe Thomas just needed another 1 or 2 seasons and he might have been a dual premiership coach. but its all 'what if'.

Thomas also took them to finals which We just lost if you wanted to go down that street and they were a lot younger at that stage. Honestly this could be a blessing in disguise I just hope We go with our Head and not heart I don't think Robert Harvey would be our best coach at the moment maybe a apprentice roll to get him ready.

Thomas also took them to finals which We just lost if you wanted to go down that street and they were a lot younger at that stage. Honestly this could be a blessing in disguise I just hope We go with our Head and not heart I don't think Robert Harvey would be our best coach at the moment maybe a apprentice roll to get him ready.

R Harvey has been an assistant at Carlton and St Kilda for the past 3 years....he's either ready now or never.
He would have the respect of the players no doubt....but is he a strong enough personality?
You've got to be the face of the club as well as just a good coach these days.

Back
Top Bottom