Marist Basketball Carnival

lil_pharm

J.R. Smith Collector
Real Name
James
Just letting you know that tomorrow (Tue 25th April 06) is the final day and the most exciting day of the Marist Basketball Carnival. The Marist Basketball Carnival is where lots of Marist highschools around Australia participate in a basketball competition. This year our school (St Gregory's College) is hosting it because it is St Gregory's College 80th anniversery. The Carnival is taking place in Bankstown Basketball Stadium NSW at Condell park. It is free to spectate. I went there today to support my school and dam there are alot of good highschool ballers!

If you want furthur info go to this site then click on "news and events" up the top then click on "events" and then click on "Marist Basketball Carnival".

http://www.stgregs.nsw.edu.au/index2.html

I went there today to support my school and dam there are alot of good highschool ballers!

yeah agreed there, some are freaks. Me and trey both have competed in this competition. Bulleen are by far the best team in that competition i recon their should be a drug test because they would test positive for using performance enhancing drugs.
but OMG the women there, some really good looking female bball players in that comp. unreal talent. :D

why wouldnt they play the comp out at Campbelltown? that stadium has enough courts (though granted not as many as bankstown) but some of bankstowns courts are a few metres short!

its funny the pic of my old school (parramatta marist) must be a new building or something because I dont recognise it.

I played at the marist carnival in 2000 hosted by Bulleen.

Do you play MCS lil_pharm?

we had mad fun travelling down to melbourne...got up to all sorts of mischief...I had just turned 18 and was the oldest of the team, so I snuck out and bought booze and some of us got maggot the night before the first day! We didnt lose a game the next day either! We had some real close games, lost 1 game on the buzzer, we won another game because one of my mates got a huge swat on a dudes fast break to prevent the win...

my best moment was scoring 12 points in the final 3 mins to get us a 6 point win. I also blocked a shot and took a charge in the span...was crazy...would have gotten heaps of nestle crunch points LOL

i played in the comp last year hosted by ashgrove marist college in Brisbane.
NO TRAVEL :( but i still had a unreal time and it was a great experience that i will remember for quite some time. LOL our team had 4 players on it's roster that played basketball for club sometime over the career and were trained once a week for ONLY 4 weeks lol. We came 14th of 16 but we started to play awesome basketball in the last few games came close to paramatta and some good vic team i cant remember :)
we were the jokesters of the comp, got a stereo and blasted 50 c during our warmup and didnt abibe by the dress rules and other rules. We wore suspender straps and old school atire to the closing dinner and presentation :lol:

Back
Top Bottom