Mal Meninga refusal :(

jrinbulli

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrad
eBay User
jrinbulli
Just thought I'd vent some frustration of having Big Mal refuse to sign one card today. I had the Allstars 1995 card that has Mal, Clyde, Stuart & Daley on it. I have the other 3 signed on it already & I politely ask him to sign this & he looked at it quickly & said no I don't sign that sorry. I said oh c'mon please the other 3 have I just need yours & he continued walking & said no. I thought it was a really poor form from him considering it was only 1 signature & I was wearing my Raiders gear. I've heard a lot of stories of him refusing to sign cards & also being rude to some people. At least he wasent rude to me but still disappointing :(
Who else has had this happen to them? I've heard Mal is angry at dynamic for them not paying him years ago but if that's the reason that's poor as its only hurting the fans. I'm a massive Raiders fan & this was disappointing.
Sorry just had to let out my frustration. Was almost as bad has having John Ferguson tell me he doesn't sign cards anymore last year :(

I must be the only person on this forum who thinks players don't have to sign anything if they don't want to.

It's a bonus if they do ... but they're under no obligation. If they want to get on a bus straight after a bad loss, then fair enough. If someone just doesn't want to sign something for the hell of it ... then fair enough!

It's not much to ask though to sign 1 thing for a fan. Without the fans they have no job & no big money. Signing a signature isn't hard & it makes the fans very happy. I have to sign my signature about 50-60 times a day for $20 an hour it's not hard. I understand if there eating or not in their club gear but when they are there at work & should want to give something back to the fans.

I must be the only person on this forum who thinks players don't have to sign anything if they don't want to.

It's a bonus if they do ... but they're under no obligation. If they want to get on a bus straight after a bad loss, then fair enough. If someone just doesn't want to sign something for the hell of it ... then fair enough!

What are players/stars/teams without fans - nothing? That is straight up elite behavior and those who think they are too good to sign have obviously forgotten the true value of who they are & where they came from. Who cares happens to the card, it has made one fan keep believing and enjoying the sport.

I have had Mal do this to me. For years I was a fan of Mal. It is very disheartening that one of your idols can wipe you off like that. I also only had 1 card so that I could finish my QLD 2010 Telegraph set. It really isn't a big ask.

While disappointing for fans when someone does not want to sign maybe look at it from his side.

It has been 30 years he has been in the limelight maybe he is sick of signing stuff, he has probably signed his fair share of stuff for fans.

While disappointing for fans when someone does not want to sign maybe look at it from his side.

It has been 30 years he has been in the limelight maybe he is sick of signing stuff, he has probably signed his fair share of stuff for fans.

I can understand Mal being annoyed at signing things. Just recently on his Facebook page someone jokingly posted a link to an ebay sale of a 'signed' Mal Meninga Raiders jersey and asked if he wanted it. His response was that he already has one and that the signature looked fake anyway.

mal i can understand because hes signature is worth a fair bit of money,

but if you get refused by ferguson, then thats just ridiculous. he thinks hes king shit, when really hes just shit. he refused about 2 or 3 kids for a photo and kept walking and wouldnt sign any cards either on his sprint to the bus at penrith.

but if you get refused by ferguson, then thats just ridiculous. he thinks hes king s***, when really hes just s***. he refused about 2 or 3 kids for a photo and kept walking and wouldnt sign any cards either on his sprint to the bus at penrith.

I think it was John "Chicka" Ferguson that Jarrad was talking about. We all know Blake is a Shit.

but if you get refused by ferguson, then thats just ridiculous. he thinks hes king s***, when really hes just s***. he refused about 2 or 3 kids for a photo and kept walking and wouldnt sign any cards either on his sprint to the bus at penrith.

Girds He is talking about John "Chicka Fergurson not Blake the Snake We have got plenty of sigs from Mal on previous occassions but have had a refusal as well. I saw on his facebook page once where he had written i will sign anything but cards. As in regards to beeing worth a fair bit of money yes at time ive seen mal sigs go for good dollars but other times only 5 to 7 dollars. Like we all say its only worth as much as someone will pay for it.

Big Mel never had a problem signing my trading cards.. Just got to get him at the right time...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333932449.526482.jpg

Spot on

I don't know when the right time is if he doesn't do it at a Raiders home game lol
He did say to me that he doesn't sign "that card" so maybe he has some cards he doesn't like signing?

I tired to get mal meninga one time i know it was at skilled stadium could of be the all stars game but i remember some people tried and got nothing. He had a guy in front of him saying keep walking no signing.

Crazy that any player won't give two secords for a sig. Really thinking what my odds are going to be this friday night when i try to get raiders autos.

The current Raiders players are great with fans, all except Blake Ferguson he can be difficult sometimes but to his credit he will normally sign one card. He just never seems very happy about it

players are paid to play the game. they have clauses in their contracts where theyre obliged to attend club days and signing events etc. theyre not paid to be disturbed in their own free time. we may indirectly pay their wages, but that doesnt mean they owe us attention whenever we ask for it.
sounds like mal was just against signing that particular card tho. he has his reasons im sure. have to let him follow his principles, even if you think theyre wrong...

Back
Top Bottom