Mal Meninga redemption card ?

bruisershark

OzCardTrader
Real Name
philip
Hi I just need a bit of advice on how much to pay for this card from 1995?.Tia.cheers
IMG_2813.JPG
IMG_2814.JPG

Where did he sign this card? Was it way back in 1995 or more of a mordern signature?

I will need to check when I get home from holidays but I think that was cut off a promo sheet (2x3) of cards from OzCon 4 that was held on 25th & 26th February 1995. I Remeber as I was disappointed I missed out on getting the mal sig my self

Last edited:
It would estimate this card to be worth a minimum of $50 and up as it is like you it said he does not sign many dynamic cards. It is also a genuine sig.

But if this signed card has been hand cut from a "Uncut sheet " i cant see this item been too high in value on the collectors market? Yes or no?

@NRL FAN I agree the fact that it has bee hand cut kind of decrease the value in my opinion,

this is what the original promo looked like, they were all numbered out of 16,000

Don't necessarily disagree but just throwing it out there that the 1980 extra cards that had to be hand cut to make individual cards still seem to be worth more then the others are, so maybe it wouldn't impact the value much. Probably a big factor in this is there was no way to get normal sized card without cutting the sheets (is that the same case here?) if so i guess it shouldnt impact value too much although I suppose a signed uncut version would always be worth more then a cut one though.

Last edited:
I would also like to know more about this uncut sheet. 16000 sounds like a very, very high amount of numbered uncut sheets? Don't get me wrong as i would love to own this item myself (Signed uncut sheet) but 16000 sounds like everyone collecting Dynamic in 1995 should each have one as their would not even be that amount of collectors out there in Australia?

Would have been given to newsagents and corner shops selling Dynamic cards you would think, so 16,000 doesn't seem far-fetched.

My folks had a a corner shop 1993-1997 and we had a pile 3-4 inches think of the dual 1994 NRL card promos. I chucked them out too.

that 6 card promo sheet was given out at OzCon 4, on the blue middle panel on the bottom of the back it reads

This is a Limited Edition promotional sheet released on the 25th February 1995. in attendance were: Dale Keown, Marc Silvestri, Mal Meninga, Glenn Ford, Mark Bradridge and Sergio Medina

So I am not sure if they were released in that format anywhere else. and I missed a few of the signers on the day I was there.

Cool. Thanks for the information guys as i am a big fan of the Dynamic cards from the 90s as for me it brings back a few memories of my younger days.

I picked up one of the uncut sheets on eBay a few years ago. They were so common then that the seller threw in a second one free - which I still have.

Back
Top Bottom