Major fuckup: MyMallBox declared $24,000 USD as the value of my cards

jkidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Fuckup of the century. So angry and disappointed in their service right now.

Obviously the value of the cards are no where near that much.

mmbmistake.jpg

So what the F**k happens now? Have they already sent that and now you are in a huge shit fight with customs? They always get you to amend totals when combining so how did this even happen, just a stuff up at the dispatch stage?

MMB classed as one of my items as "plastic parts" (count box) and another as "art supplies" (Horace Grant Flawless auto), so DHL customs broker pulled that up asking for a better description.

That's when I saw the commercial invoice. There was a huge typo of 90 items at $2 per unit. But she put $180 per unit X90. There were a couple mistakes like that.

The 90 lot only cost me $11. So that's another mistake. The total value of the shipment is no where near the declared total.

I only made 99 transactions during that shipment period but she's gone ahead and put EVERY card (even freebies, fillers and business cards) as separate purchases...mostly at $2 each, hence 459 items.

I have already sent multiple emails to MMB, to the manager who did this, FB and their support email.

Needless to say I wont be seeing the shipment by Christmas, if ever.

Honestly, if this doesn't get sorted, I might just consider the cards lost and be done with this hobby.

i would be devestated to see you out of the hobby, really hope this gets sorted. so shipment has already left their warehouse im assuming, any reply back as yet?

i would be devestated to see you out of the hobby, really hope this gets sorted. so shipment has already left their warehouse im assuming, any reply back as yet?

Yeah shipment is on the way. ETA Monday which obviously won't happen lol.

No response yet...hoping they do the right thing as it was a mistake...a huge fuck up at that.

They have been a bit crap on cs lately. Repacks slow af, replies....slow and sassy (well one was sassy) receivals all over the place. I would happily pay a membership if it meant more staff and better cs.

so what happens at customs? arent they gonna want 7% or something like that. that will be a ridiculous bill, really hope they sort this out for you asap!

so what happens at customs? arent they gonna want 7% or something like that. that will be a ridiculous bill, really hope they sort this out for you asap!

Nah its GST rate so like 10%. But they include shipping fees in the calculation as well. And also processing fee, admin fee...etc.

I paid around $300 - $400 on a $1300USD declared shipment last year. So yeah...$24K USD is huge.

Obviously I won't accept it because that's no where near the true value. So either MMB fixes it or I think there is a return to sender option. If not, look for some sweet Kidd cards at a government auction coming soon :(

That's crazy bro

What cards were in there?

I'm gonna be shipping some boxes, one touches and cards home in the next week, hopefully nothing like this happens

Their CS has been awesome for me, sucks that they won't do much for you guys

holy f**k thats insane

Really really hope this gets fixed. Have a feeling it will drag out with me forking out some kind of money when I did nothing wrong.

That's crazy bro

What cards were in there?

I'm gonna be shipping some boxes, one touches and cards home in the next week, hopefully nothing like this happens

Their CS has been awesome for me, sucks that they won't do much for you guys

Most of my Kidd Flawless cards from 15-16. I have all of them except for the 1/1s and base. A lot of other autos from Flawless...etc.

I would say if you have specific instructions write in bold upper case so they get the point. Because I honestly think they have been really half assed lately.

I never thought even after such careful micromanaging they could still fuck up on such a grand scale.

I'd try and get an official statement from MMB outlining the monumental eff up as well as whatever proof of purchase (comc and ebay purchase history) to get the total down to the actual value.
Will be a delay that is not needed

I'd try and get an official statement from MMB outlining the monumental eff up as well as whatever proof of purchase (comc and ebay purchase history) to get the total down to the actual value.
Will be a delay that is not needed

Yeah I think best case scenario that's what will have to come down to. I'm just scared customs won't accept it because $24K is such a huge big total.

Can I ask why there is even such a document for this shipment? Going over it and wondering how they made such a huge fcuk up also made me think - Hang on, why is there even an itemised and costed packing slip??

Can I ask why there is even such a document for this shipment? Going over it and wondering how they made such a huge fcuk up also made me think - Hang on, why is there even an itemised and costed packing slip??

That's the commercial invoice they have to declare to customs.

A couple of the items were listed as "plastic parts" and "art supplies", DHL wanted more info and she emailed me that commercial invoice to show me what she was talking about. I wouldn't have found out about the declared total otherwise until I get the dreaded text/email from DHL to contact them (which has happened already).

They fucked up not only on the total but also the itemising on the invoice. I made 99 transactions totaling around 459 cards. They listed it as 459 different transactions with base unit prices. E.G. A 90 card lot that was declared in their system as $2 for the entire lot became $180 each card. Huge huge huge screw up.

That's the commercial invoice they have to declare to customs.

A couple of the items were listed as "plastic parts" and "art supplies", DHL wanted more info and she emailed me that commercial invoice to show me what she was talking about. I wouldn't have found out about the declared total otherwise until I get the dreaded text/email from DHL to contact them (which has happened already).

They f***ed up not only on the total but also the itemising on the invoice. I made 99 transactions totaling around 459 cards. They listed it as 459 different transactions with base unit prices. E.G. A 90 card lot that was declared in their system as $2 for the entire lot became $180 each card. Huge huge huge screw up.
Interesting, have never seen that commercial inv before. Normally the only values listed are the ones that came with the card ie what was on the USPS slip. Unless you should choose to list other values when you repack.
Thanks for the info will keep it in mind.
My last shipment and my next shipment have had cards, games, shoes, and toys in them. Never had any trouble like that. Who made the error? Brooke is normally great to deal with however I think she has a sister or something called Mary (?) That's the one that gave me a bit of sass instead of actually noting my point.
Just as a general knowledge share as well, you can't send to another US address with MMB without requesting a specific invoice. I rried to send an incorrect card back to the seller (speaking of fk ups) but their system does not accept another US address. So that means ...yup, support ticket ...baaaah
Onto business day #3 on my repack request too. Luckily I only dhl my stuff so it will arrive before xmas regardless

My last shipment and my next shipment have had cards, games, shoes, and toys in them. Never had any trouble like that. Who made the error? Brooke is normally great to deal with however I think she has a sister or something called Mary (?) That's the one that gave me a bit of sass instead of actually noting my point.

I believe they are around 5 days behind on repacks.

The manager usually oversees my repack/shipment personally but she just responded to me saying it was the general shipping department that did this one. So I'm not sure what's going on.

I haven't dealt with Brooke before but I know she has had some positive feedback from customers on Facebook.

I did deal with Mary via support ticket and she will be reading my not-so-polite e-mails in the next few hours.

I don't even know if there is a way out of this mess to be honest.

The last time I had something go over the limit I just explained to customs that a mistake had been made. I had to supply a copy of the correct invoices.

Obviously this delays it, but upon receiving the correct invoice they released it with no charge.

Good luck.

fuk man what a clusterfuk. GL with it. I just requested repack today. Fingers crossed. Only 55 items. Sure hope they don't make that equal $10, 000 or something. Definitely agree with others comments here Brooke is easily the best to deal with. Some of the others could not give a toss i suspect. MMB is definitely good as a no frills service but id be wary using them with your high end purchases.

Anyway once again mate. sorry to hear about your dramas. I hope it gets sorted ASAP and this side of xmas :) Cheers Jono

Back
Top Bottom