Mailday of some guy you have never heard of...

Dodgydave

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David Dawkins
So, I would assume you need to be a fairly hardcore baseball (or possibly softball) fan to have heard of Travis Wilson, but, he is the closest New Zealand has had to a MLB player.

He was a long time Braves farm hand, reaching triple A level and was named to their 40-man roster though was never promoted to the majors.

As a personal connection I went to school with Travis, though he was a few years ahead of me and I certainly couldn't say he was a friend!

While I was accumulating Olajuwon cards over the last year plus, I added a few of Travis' cards and was surprised how many he has given he never made it to the majors.

As usual, apologies in advance for the picture quality — at least there are not as many as in the Olajuwon mailday thread.

WilsonAuto.jpeg

In person auto on a 2001 Greenville Braves minor league card

WilsonChromes.jpeg

2002 Bowman Chrome rainbow — Gold refractor /50, X-fractor /250, Refractor /500 and base

WilsonElectricR.jpeg

2002 Upper Deck 40 Man — Electric Rainbow /40 (his lowest SN card), 2002 Upper Deck Diamond Connection /1500 and 2002 Bowman — Gold

WilsonMemo.jpeg

2003 Bowman — Future Fiber bats

I had a few others of his cards already but there are still 17 other cards I know of including 1 x auto and 4 x memorabilia cards so gives me some more to chase!

Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom