Mail Day.

Mrs aussie2Al

Vintage
Real Name
Tracy
eBay User
tracybbuy
Finally my disc's arrived after waiting forever..it seem LOL

This a a folder of 1971 Mattel replay disc....The folder is still sealed and has never been open.It comes with a 32 page booklet and 8 disc.

There are 10 in the set,I still need 2 more.( Bill Russell,Alcindor)

The players in the folder are Elgin Baylor,Wilt Chamberlain,john Havlicek,jerry lucas, Pete Maravich, Willis Reed,Oscar Robertson and Jerry West.

TYTY.jpg

These are pics of the disc close up.I had these before.
I noticed that the Havlicek in the folder is a different colour to this one here.

jytiyt.jpg

These are some Sportcaster cards,I picked up a few weeks back that I didnt post...Really like these cards as they have a excellent write up on the backs.

Jlkjhh.jpg

jf.jpg

looi.jpg

Going to start looking like my place soon Tracy LOL

GREAT score on the sealed booklet. Now to find an actual player that still goes. That Russell will take some looking for. Might have to expand your search to baseball and football auctions because its in a mult sport blister pack.

Half the fun is the search and actually finding one. Dont forget the double sided versions ;-) Oh man I had to make it hard didn't I hehe

Sportscasters are great. Like you mentioned vintage often has a superior back with info etc compared to todays cards. Harder to store but nice cards. Beware if you pick up a Magic or Bird one as there are fake out there now for the upper series ones.

Nice mail Tracy and congrats. Nice display piece.

gotta love the vintage stuff , is always a great change to see some of that stuff, after all the current cards that we see so often in maildays, congrats on finding the sealed folder tracey,thanks for sharing :)

vladlevinsky said:
That's cool. Are they like mini records?

Yes they are mini records...I am on the Hunt for the disc player,which is pictured on the front of the folder, that the boy is holding.

It will be good to listen to them...But not the ones in the unopen packet.

I have not heard one yet,which is a bummer...I think by memory they have some actual game commentory on them along with a bit of info on the player.

Chad will quote me if Im wrong.

The Jerry West will be going on my trade site, as it's a double now.

Nah spot on Tracy. The feature actual game comentary. The Celts one and Lakers fetch a premium because of Most and Hearn.

The double sided ones have more and a white side.

Recorders do pop up from time to time but I've never been lucky enough to win one.

Back
Top Bottom