Luka Doncic Rookie Prizm prices in 5 years

pic from ESPN ananlysis:

DoncicESPNgamesStats.JPG

They'd be stupid at that point. I think I'd sell 4 of my 5 modest base Prizms and make a down payment on a MJ or LeBron RC. Doncic might be the next superstar but he must have 30 x the amount of rookie cards than LeBron has,never mind MJ.

Not sure Doncic holds up long term unless you have numbered or really high end( Flawless, etc.).

Go Mavs. Just need a third guy, and they're right there.

Oooh. That would be very nice. Very nice indeed.

Wish I'd bought that case( 20 boxes) of Prizm retail in January this year. I nearly did it. Damn! That would've been $2000 well spent. Those must be at least 3 or 4 times the price now. Probably would've had maybe 10 Doncic base and possibly some colour. Damn!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but in all honesty the signs that Doncic might be a bit special were there last season. I think the fact that Trae had a monster second half probably obscured Doncic's achievements somewhat( even though he won ROY).

I've never had so many views and watchers(14) on an Ebay item.

i think the main concern with doncic amongst the market was actually nothign to do with him.

the trepidation was due to the fact Tatum and Mitchell, who both had fantastic rookie seasons, both didn't have a very good 2nd yr.

True. It was always going to be a big ask to replicate the kind of rookie year that Doncic had. The difference with him though was that in many ways it wasn't his rookie year as he'd already been playing against grown men since the age of 16 in the world's second best comp. That background counted for something.

My contrarian viewpoint. I'm a bit dumbfounded by this Luka hype. I'm seeing it as a massive bubble where those that paid big bucks will get burnt bad. I can't rationalise how his rc cards can sell for more than lebron's when luka is nowhere near lebron's status. Just doesn't make sense and shows all the signs of early hype, pump and dump, and an investor bubble.

My contrarian viewpoint. I'm a bit dumbfounded by this Zion hype. I'm seeing it as a massive bubble where those that paid big bucks will get burnt bad. I can't rationalise how his rc cards can sell for more than Luka's when Zion is nowhere near Luka's status. Just doesn't make sense and shows all the signs of early hype, pump and dump, and an investor bubble.

I'm on everyone's hype train except Zion. I pray he lives up to it just need to see some signs first.

I get the trepidation with Luca. We've had no shortage of high draft pics that have better than expected rookie season only to regress in following seasons, im talking the Tyreke Evans, Michael carter-williams and Brandon Jennings types. In Luca's case he is looking to be the real deal, but that being said with his prices being sky high already you wonder how much room for growth there is even if he turns out to be a generational type talent.

I'm on everyone's hype train except Zion. I pray he lives up to it just need to see some signs first.

Choo choo! 🚂

I haven't been in the monetary value part of card collecting very long, but Luca and Zion remind me of Bitcoin.

Back
Top Bottom