Luka Doncic Rookie Prizm prices in 5 years

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
Will Luka's Rookie Prizms see a rise comparable to Giannis' Rookie Prizms in a 5 year period. His base Prizm currently sells for about $15-$20 US. Could these fetch $200 in 5 years time?

Disclosure: I own a whopping 5 all up.

Will Luka's Rookie Prizms see a rise comparable to Giannis' Rookie Prizms in a 5 year period. His base Prizm currently sells for about $15-$20 US. Could these fetch $200 in 5 years time?

it really depends on his performances i think. if he keeps playing like he does, then it could happen. but it also depends on whether the prizm fad continues. prizms and 90s MJ inserts are going through a purple patch at the minute, so its doubtful (i think) that current prices will last.

Optic is killing Prizm at the moment. Seems people are onto the outrageous Prizm print runs. Good stuff imo.

I love Prizm but I did think that this year's 18-19 Optic looked very nice. Certainly an improved look on 2017-18 Optic. I'd be a convert if they ditched that horrible (imo) Rated Rookies and put an RC Logo on them.

I wonder how many more base RC Prizms of Doncic there are compared to RC Prizms of Kawhi, AD and Giannis.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious.

Last edited:
My personal view is instead of buying multiple bases, just find one prizm parallel that you can afford and fork out for that. I think sooner or later the wider hobby will catch on to the absurd print runs of prizms and in particular silver prizms. Just get something that is known to be numbered/limited and hold on to that.

these arent just normal triple doubles either. they're monster triple doubles.

ive been buying up a lot of luka stuff. hence why ive had to put some of my AFL stuff up for sale!

It will be interesting to see where these end up. I think I got my 2 base a month or two after release for between 12-17 a piece. Didn't even bother going after silvers as these things seen to be priced to the sky on release.

Optic is killing Prizm at the moment. Seems people are onto the outrageous Prizm print runs. Good stuff imo.

Is that in regard to the Holo optic v Silver Prizm? I'm aware that there is an Optic booster/shill squad on the Blowout forum who are spruiking Optic at every opportunity, however, on COMC a Doncic base Prizm currently sits at $43 whereas the Optic Rated rookie base is at $16. That's quite a difference.

Maybe it is just in relation to Holo v Silver.

Also, I'm curious about all the Optic hype. It's still Panini after all.

Sorry mate. Just read your linked article.

Last edited:
Is that in regard to the Holo optic v Silver Prizm? I'm aware that there is an Optic booster/shill squad on the Blowout forum who are spruiking Optic at every opportunity, however, on COMC a Doncic base Prizm currently sits at $43 whereas the Optic Rated rookie base is at $16. That's quite a difference.

Maybe it is just in relation to Holo v Silver.

Also, I'm curious about all the Optic hype. It's still Panini after all.

Sorry mate. Just read your linked article.

Holo v Silver. Basically Silver got too pricey for people then they moved onto Holo and at the same time figured out the outrageous print runs of the Prizm Silver vs a more limited run of the optic. Next thing some people think will go will be the Select Silvers. Doncic has already moved way up but many haven’t. And also a lot of price rises have been also PSA10 and BGS 9.5 and above.

I think the comparison is between the Prizm Silvers and the Optic Holo........ the number of Graded Prizm Silvers vs Optic Holo is a huge difference and I personally like the Optic card design better!

I only have a Trae Optic holo and its a beautiful card!

Hi,

I believe they can, the numbers (tripple doubles for a rookie especially) are absolutle amazing, we are buying Donruss rookie rated, optic holos, prism base and chasing prizm silvers by breaking retail hangers, retail boxes and hobby 18-19 product, Luka is amazing!

Cheers

Pete

I think the comparison is between the Prizm Silvers and the Optic Holo........ the number of Graded Prizm Silvers vs Optic Holo is a huge difference and I personally like the Optic card design better!

I only have a Trae Optic holo and its a beautiful card!

I really liked the look of the optic base cards this year, especially compared to 17-18, but the rated rookie still leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion. They are better than last year though.

If the RR had an RC logo I'd never buy Prizm again.

I bought an Anfernee Simons Red holo /99 recently. The holos of the better names have gone way out of my price range.

Nice Trae.

Back
Top Bottom