WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4310284"]Source: LeBron James tells recruit he'll stay with Cleveland Cavaliers - ESPN[/ame]

"Trevor asked LeBron if he would be in Cleveland after next season," the source said. "And LeBron said, 'I'll be there. Of course, I'll be there.'"

Does this mean he's full of it, or is really staying?

I mean just to get Ariza, you're making big promises.....

Look out all current FA's they're going to be snapped up quick smart I'm guessing!!!

Second, Adelman promised him the Rockets would feature him offensively while the Cavaliers refused to guarantee him a starting job.

A hint that Ariza is getting a starting role with Houston, or choppy word choice by the Author. Either way, Ariza was never a huge part of the Lakers offense and i dont see him filling Artests Shoes.

NBA.COM Analysis: Ariza has been fantastic since replacing Luke Walton in the starting lineup, shooting better than 60% from the field and averaging 15 points per game.

And its been said before, he wont be nearly as open without a "kobe" attracting the defense.

With Yao and mcgrady probably out in Houtson, i dont see Ariza being that hooked up on major players present in a line up i.e. Lebron. But still, an interesting read and good to see (truthful or false) that Lebron is staying in Ohio. Hopefully the cavs pick up someone better.

hope lebron dont change his mind, if he becomes a free agent soon, I want him to be a cavalier forever. I see lebron winning 5 championship, and 8 mvp's award as a cavalier,

Can you edit your quotes, I didnt say those words...

From RealGM/espn.com

Yeah, an interesting story, but nothing of substance from either player, really. No quotes direct from their mouth, just "sources". Having said that, I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a bit of truth in both versions. Lebron may have said something like: "If you sign, I'll be back after 2010." In this case, noone's really lied. Because Ariza never signed, the circumstances under which Lebron would be back never eventuated. And actually, I can see why Lebron wouldn't want to commit 100%, painting himself into a corner and letting Cavs management relax. People say D-wade said he'd be back, but this was with the proviso he'd be going back to a Heat team who was a title contender, in his words. Making the playoffs doesn't make you a title contender in reality. So Wade has basicly committed no more than Lebron, yet he gets a free pass. I can see 100% why they don't want to hitch themselves to a team too early, but why the apparent double standard by the media?