Kobe Bryant..... the good.... the great..... and the ugly

govern8r

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Troy
Hey guys as some of you may know I am and always have been a massive Kobe fan. I have been collecting for over 20 years and was heartbroken at his death. But nothing makes me more angry then people profiting from this sadness. Fair enough if you sell a real item but if you look on ebay there are fake autos popping up everywhere. Now I am sure you guys can recognize a fake Kobe auto anywhere but some of his newer fans may not.

Below is a pic I took from ebay showing one such fake one, the auto is a total joke and so is the certificate. The jersey is even a fake one from the markets. The price unfortunately is over $1700 (so far). Also pictured are some of my personal collection. Some of which come from members on this site, thanks guys.

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7073.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

Coopz05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Coopz
eBay User
healfan
As someone who has collected Kobe for nearly a decade now, hoping to one day pass them on to my 7yr old son, Kobe Cooper, I havent even been able to bring myself to look up ebay prices for just base cards I want from this years cards for fear of profiteers. Scum. If you didnt respect him last week, dont jack up your price this week.

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
I haven't given much thought to the hobby side of things but there appear to be some people among us who are devoid of basic human decency.

I wasn't a fan of Kobe's but clearly from those who knew him, humanity has been robbed of a talented individual whose contribution to the world from this point on was going to be most likely profound. Now that I know that his daughter was among the dead ( I didn't when I first heard the news) I feel a knot in my stomach when I think of his wife especially. She is about to embark on a hellish journey - one that can only be understood by those who have experienced acute grief. The whole thing is truly sickening on so many levels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom