Know The Eels 1982

parrathruandthru

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Geoff
I dragged this out after recently receiving a half signed copy of the 1980 one in a recent trade. Probably only of interest to Dave but I thought I would share it anyway. I have had this since 1982 when I was a young "SigPig" and all sigs were obtained by me personally. My friends and I used to go to watch Parra train at Granville Park at a time when these things we not conducted behind a locked gate. We would even get involved in the game of cricket the players played in front of a 44 gallon drum before training.
It is interesting to see the size difference of the players. Steve Ella would explode if he had to tackle one of todays centres. The players also had a strange thing called a job.
If there is an interest I will post the 1980 & 1981 ones as well. :)

img024.jpg
img025.jpg
img026.jpg
img027.jpg
img028.jpg
img029.jpg
img030.jpg
img031.jpg
img032.jpg
img033.jpg
img034.jpg
img035.jpg

I dragged this out after recently receiving a half signed copy of the 1980 one in a recent trade. Probably only of interest to Dave but I thought I would share it anyway. I have had this since 1982 when I was a young "SigPig" and all sigs were obtained by me personally. My friends and I used to go to watch Parra train at Granville Park at a time when these things we not conducted behind a locked gate. We would even get involved in the game of cricket the players played in front of a 44 gallon drum before training.
It is interesting to see the size difference of the players. Steve Ella would explode if he had to tackle one of todays centres. The players also had a strange thing called a job.
If there is an interest I will post the 1980 & 1981 ones as well. :)

img024.jpg
img025.jpg
img026.jpg
img027.jpg
img028.jpg
img029.jpg
img030.jpg
img031.jpg
img032.jpg
img033.jpg
img034.jpg
img035.jpg
That makes me feel so old :eek: Some of pictures there: David Hall he played 2 grades above me at green valley... greg henry and gary howell and geoff emery and Brett Garnon i went to school with them also.
Paul Taylor/jeff Emery his 2 brother Alan and David/David Hall/Gary Howell/Brett Garnon/ all played for Ashcroft high side that won the big 3 amco shield,university shield, buckley shield in 1977.

Thank you for showing this to us. Made me go and watch the mighty Eels play Newtown in the 81 grand final. EELS IN 2013

Great to see..I have collected autos for 30 years and there were some there I had never seen...well done....

Stuff like this is great to see.

At that point in time Parra fans were about to see another 3 premierships followed by 25 years of frustration, including 10 years of Brian Smith! And they also were without a home ground

WOW!!!!!!!!!!.........Just WOW :woot:
That is an awesome item mate, i had not seen them before :)
they would be hard to come by now i guess specially all signed up like that.... definitely a treasure for sure :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom